Highlifter/Epi clutch kits

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merky161

Reaction score
I saw a previous post from someone with an early model wolverine 350, I think it was a 95, this was regarding a EPI clutch kit. From their web site they do not make a clutch kit for a 98 wolverine (which I have). But on Highlifter's web site they list one for a 98 wolverine that is being sold in conjunction with EPI. So, does EPI make one for my year? I don't want to order the one from Highlifter if it won't work. I believe someone here mentioned that there was a clutch change in the year of 98 or 99 and that's why EPI's don't work Can someone who has a clutch kit installed tell me where they got theirs?

I've emailed them (EPI) before and the only thing that they told me was that they don't make a clutch kit for the Wolverine 350. I'm sure the one that Highlifter sells is just the EPI for the BB. The engines are identical on the clutch side and the weight of both bikes is with in 50lbs so there is truely no reason that the BB clutch springs wouldn't work in the Wolvy. Post up if you end up getting one. I'm curious what kind of difference it would make. I've been thinking about addin one to my bike.

I email the GM from Hi lifter and he told me that they have a kit for the wolverine and it is a EPI. He doens't know why EPI said they don't have one for my wolverine..

If all you do is mud bogging get the springs, otherwise I wouldnt even mess with it. I liked the extra grunt when in mud but for trailriding I didnt really like the springs.

2000wolvy said:
If all you do is mud bogging get the springs, otherwise I wouldnt even mess with it. I liked the extra grunt when in mud but for trailriding I didnt really like the springs.

What didn't you like about the springs when trail riding? I do alot of mudding and on occasion some trail riding.

Clutch felt like it was slipping. Too much stall for trail riding.

I installed the higlifter outlaw clutch kit last night and took it for a ride. I thought that with the heavier springs the bike would rev higher before the clutch engaged. When I hit the throttle the bike moves almost instantly. I didn't get a chance to try it in the mud yet but was wondering if this seemed right?

Latest posts

Back