High Comp piston/cam

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

406elcamino

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting a high compression piston 10.5:1 or a 10.75:1 piston and a midrange cam .430 lift

just wondering what the hp increase would be?

yamaha350r if your worried about gas your in the wrong sport ;) Mid grade gas or even 91 octane is'nt that much...I have a 10.25:1 piston and stg 2 cam and I was very happy with the increase. It makes the quad a hundred times funner to ride but i kinda wish i would have had the head p&p while i had the motor tore down but oh well. You'll be very happy with the power increase not sure exactly how much hp though but its much more of a gain than a pipe/filter.

Expensive gas? 30 cents more a gallon is expensive? It's not like you need to run race gas. I run friggin 93 in my van that gets 10 mpg on a good day.

But that sounds like a good combination. That piston might only give you about 1 hp, but it'll let the engine rev a lot quicker. You'll get a much more notciable power gain out of the cam.

Back