Hi rev. problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmurray88

Reaction score
My 1997 350 will crank and run slow, but when you get on trottle is cuts out. I know this sounds like a parking brake limiter, but I have cut the wire in clear. Coil, plug, and carb. has been checked and seems to be ok. The only thing I can't check is the CDI. I was wondering if anybody out there had problems like this. I hated to replace the CDI unless I have to. Is there a way I can test CDI for this problem? Thanks RNM

Was it acting like this before you cut the park brake wire, or has it been cut for a long time and just started to bog? Dont wanna sound like an @$$, but is the choke button pulled out? And its full of fuel, petcock is in the 'on' position? Did you try it in the 'reserve' position? The stock fuel strainer is inside the fuel tank , one for each petcock position, it could be plugged full of crap. I just want to go over the options before jumping the gun and suspecting a shot CDI, I made that mistake before, it turned out to be a short in the wiring harness grounding out ( not in your case, though, mine would stop running and start smoking from the harness).
Try a fresh tank of fuel, too. It could be contaminated with water, gives the same kind of symptoms, drain the carb out as well.

Back