Hey everyone

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol it works I just got my warrior so I'm new to this I'm trying to do a rebuild my buddy and I are competing to see who can build the faster quad he has the 400 ex I need some ideas on what parts to put on

I got a czr slip on and I got it ported polished and bored .60 over what do I gotta do to open the intake?

Lol ok I got an oil cooler coming in too is the 38 mm carb more throttle responsive? I got a motion pro twist throttle on it

yeah lol anything is better that the 80's 36mm mikuni lol ask guys on the forum the other common carb is the edelbrock 36mm quicksilver carb it provides better throttle response and some guys say it's really easy to tune

Nice I'm going to look into the 39 mm for the yzf 450 I'm going to make a beast I hate Honda 400 exs I had a few and they all blew up on me

Port and polish the head too. You can get a new 38mm mikuni TM carb off ebay for 150ish. The 38 is going to bring in more air, and it is a more modern design over the stocker. About all you can do with the stocker is to polish the needle, softer spring in the accel pump, and place a valve stem cap over the top of the accel pump rod, to make it hit faster. Did all this to mine, and it is tons better. But, larger carb is in my future with weston's air box.

I would. The stocker can perform admirably. But, it's outdated, and can't be modified anymore than the above. The 39mm fcr from a yfz will fit, using a raptor 350 intake manifold. I had one on mine, it fits, it's tight and you have to shim out the back of the fuel tank to clear it, the throttle cable fits the stock housing, too. I could not get the damn thing to run right. Tried everything. Now, that being said, it was a used carb I got from a member here, and it was used when he got it. So neither of us now why it was taken off. Could very well be that it has a problem, and that is why it was taken off. It is on it's way to weston as we speak, to see if he can make it work. The 38mm mikuni TM seems to be a nice unit. The biggest prob will be getting a cable to fit the stock warrior housing. It's a flat slide, has accel pump, and is supposed to develope a lot of velocity. Not badly priced either. Another carb option is the 38mm kehein round slide. Don't know how well it does. What cam do you have? What you looking at? Weston, myself, '00 WO YA!, and a couple others like our stage1 hotcams. You can use stock springs with it if you don't have them already. The web .390 is a nice unit, but, you will need HD springs, and hardweld rockers to run it. Megacycle 252x2 (I beleive, and should be .390/.415 lift) will only require HD springs. A few of use here have it, I believe deadlast is one. Ask him about it's performance.

I've been told stage 1 hot cam is good I'm more than likely goin with that and I got a mech that is good with cable work that can get me a cable to fit so I'll probably go with the 38mm with the stage 1 hot cam I got hd clutch springs and all will that affect the performance with the hot cam? And carb?

No it wont. Look into the vito's +4 key, too. It advances the timing 4 degrees so the bottom end will hit harder and sooner.

Back