Here is what all you first gen riders have been looking for.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duneracerweston

Reaction score
Well i know all you first gen guys have a MAJOR dilemma when it comes to the front end. the lower a arms to be exact, the fact that it has that funky lower a arms bracket on the frame. WELL HERE IS YOUR ANSWER!! Been working with Gen1pat on this behind the scens as a favor i owe the guy, but here is what we found.

to get aftermarket a arms on a 87 warrior.

your gonna need to special order the parts and will need different stroke/legnth shocks.

parts list for +2 a arms

2x 400ex +2 aftermarket lower a arms (fullflight or any tipe that has heim joints on the frame)

2x warrior 350 (89-12) +2 aftermarket lower a arms

2x +2 tierods.

4x Yamaha ball joints for the aftermarket a arms.

its that simple!! ran all the number vs a late model warrior and the first gens and it will mount up, correctly too!

shock length is still yet to be determined, but should be in the 15-16" range.

thought yall might wanna know that.

:NOTE: this will require spacers on the lower a arms and some possible shaving of the spacers that come with the a arms.

Last edited:
both need to be +2 aftermarket, but they need to go to 2 different machines due to the lower a arm on the first gen having different geometry.

its just aftermarket, you will need to buy it new, and it wont cost any more then a full set for a late model warrior, i know there are guys that have been looking for something like this that will get them aftermarket arms.

So the 400ex uppers won't work on the 1st gen? I had it figured out that a set of +3 400ex arms would give you +2.5... I can't remember the exact measurements?

If you use +2 400ex uppers thats equal to +4 on the top on a warrior. I know, I got em on mine. You can go +3 if you want but +2 is more common thats why I posted it with + 2, if you get a chance to have a first gen, 400ex and late model 350 you can compare and see what I mean

If you use +2 400ex uppers thats equal to +4 on the top on a warrior. I know, I got em on mine. You can go +3 if you want but +2 is more common thats why I posted it with + 2, if you get a chance to have a first gen, 400ex and late model 350 you can compare and see what I mean

So I'm still kinda confused??

So you wanna use the 400ex uppers, and late model Warrior lowers?
Cause I talked to the guys at ASR, and they said they'll make me a custom package with ball joints, and tierods.. But it'll have no warranty..

I ask because I was gonna get a +3 +1 long travel 400ex kit, with custom length tie rods, and yamaha ball joints.. I thought that would be the way to go, but now I'm back peddling. lol

Last edited:
You need the +2 warrior uppers, and +2 400ex lowers. This is why I was selling my shocks, to pay for these, but the money just isn't there for me, with some things that I have coming up. It will most likely end up being a winter project for me. Fullflight will make the set like that with +2 warrior tie rods, for $350ish +$22? shipping. So, $375 aint bad. The only "issue" there MAY be, is the +1 foward position of the EX lowers. I have not looked into any other companies, but Fullflight ONLY makes the EX arms in +2+1, and the warrior arms in +2. It is not that big a deal, because these arms are 12 point adjustable, and they can moved some in the mounts, by shimming them out. Weston and I have been working on this for the last week. Other companies may offer just +2 EX lowers to coincide with the warrior uppers... or... they may offer +2+1 warrior uppers to coincide with the EX lowers. But, it'll work!

You need the +2 warrior uppers, and +2 400ex lowers. This is why I was selling my shocks, to pay for these, but the money just isn't there for me, with some things that I have coming up. It will most likely end up being a winter project for me. Fullflight will make the set like that with +2 warrior tie rods, for $350ish +$22? shipping. So, $375 aint bad. The only "issue" there MAY be, is the +1 foward position of the EX lowers. I have not looked into any other companies, but Fullflight ONLY makes the EX arms in +2+1, and the warrior arms in +2. It is not that big a deal, because these arms are 12 point adjustable, and they can moved some in the mounts, by shimming them out. Weston and I have been working on this for the last week. Other companies may offer just +2 EX lowers to coincide with the warrior uppers... or... they may offer +2+1 warrior uppers to coincide with the EX lowers. But, it'll work!

But the +2 EX lowers won't give you much width?
The 1st gen lowers are 14 1/2 " inches long, how long are the +2 EX lowers? Cause me, and Weston had chatted about this before. He had given me measurements of his EX lowers at 15 3/4" (I thought his were +3, but I can't remember)..
So to make a long story short. (no pun intended) They would only make for 1 1/4" a side, or 2 1/2" total.. Thats not very wide for all the piss'n around you'd have to do.

Last edited:
But the +2 EX lowers won't give you much width?
The 1st gen lowers are 14 1/2 " inches long, how long are the +2 EX lowers? Cause me, and Weston had chatted about this before. He had given me measurements of his EX lowers at 15 3/4" (I thought his were +3, but I can't remember)..
So to make a long story short. (no pun intended) They would only make for 1 1/4" a side, or 2 1/2" total.. Thats not very wide for all the piss'n around you'd have to do.

can you measure your first gen arms for me? length wise center of the balljoint to center of the pivot on the frame. the 400ex lowers measure at 13 3/8" i dont have a first gen warrior here all the measure ments were dont by a exhaust guy?! lol who has "been running on fumes" lol

Yeah do that mathius. Better to have that measurement from 2 1st gens, just to back up my measurements. I measured just like weston wanted and I got 13" center of mounting bolt (pivot) to center of balljoint.

can you measure your first gen arms for me? length wise center of the balljoint to center of the pivot on the frame. the 400ex lowers measure at 13 3/8" i dont have a first gen warrior here all the measure ments were dont by a exhaust guy?! lol who has "been running on fumes" lol

Ok.. Apparently I was smoke'n something when I took those measurements before... lol

So for the width for the lowers, from the center of the tubing on either side (like where the hiems would be) is 9" inches.
As for the length, from the center of the ball joint back is 12 3/4".
I dunno where I got 14 1/2" from before? I must have measured the total length.

The uppers are 9" inches wide as well, center to center. Their 11" inches long from the center of the ball joint.

Ok.. Apparently I was smoke'n something when I took those measurements before... lol

So for the width for the lowers, from the center of the tubing on either side (like where the hiems would be) is 9" inches.
As for the length, from the center of the ball joint back is 12 3/4".
I dunno where I got 14 1/2" from before? I must have measured the total length.

The uppers are 9" inches wide as well, center to center. Their 11" inches long from the center of the ball joint.

so the 400ex are within a half inch we can agree on that?

the uppers on the first gen are the same demension wise as the later models so you just use the 400ex lowers because they are longer then the warrior one and the shock mounts are further out to give a better leverage ratio (dont ask me to explain that) so this will work the mounts are close enough to slide in with little to no modification.

so the 400ex are within a half inch we can agree on that?

the uppers on the first gen are the same demension wise as the later models so you just use the 400ex lowers because they are longer then the warrior one and the shock mounts are further out to give a better leverage ratio (dont ask me to explain that) so this will work the mounts are close enough to slide in with little to no modification.

So how long are the stock late model Warrior uppers??
Just for reference..

I can agree with that. That 1/2" difference can be taken up with the 12point adjustability. I'm thinking you measure the total length. Makes me feel better, because I had a hell of a time comprehending what weston wanted me to do the other day, and pissed him off! lol. We were both having bad days outside of our little experiment, too.

Ya know? I wonder how hard it would be to make an adapter to bolt up the 2nd gen arms... Be like the diamond J stuff. Not that I suggest those kits. Would be a neat concept.

Back