help with timing and cdi box?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanmccullough67

Reaction score
okay i ordered a rmstator cdi box for my warrior cuz i lost spark, people have told me if you use an aftermarket cdi box youre supposed to advance the timing a little bit, is that true? and if it is could that of been what happened with losing spark because when i bought it there was a big gun rev box on it and the timing was spot on

okay i ordered a rmstator cdi box for my warrior cuz i lost spark, people have told me if you use an aftermarket cdi box youre supposed to advance the timing a little bit, is that true? and if it is could that of been what happened with losing spark because when i bought it there was a big gun rev box on it and the timing was spot on
i know on alot of cdi boxs your bat has to b full r it will just trun over and not start bc there is no spark on a honda if it is under 11.5 volts it will not start and that is what it had was a big gun cdi

I think you should have tested the stator and checked your grounds and wires before spending money on something that may not fix the problem. Cdi is the only only thing that can't be tested to see if it's in spec, so normally you want to test everything and if everything else is good replace the cdi

Back