help with slip on to head pipe joint

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLACEMARTY

Reaction score
running a pro circuit type 496 slip-on with a stack head pipe. has a very loose fit at the joint. does anyone know if i should get the stock gasket for this joint or any other way to seal this. cant start jetting till i get this sealed! please help!:atv:

You mean where the header meets the slip-on? if the slip-on dosent go on far enough, you'll have this issue. What type of muffler mount does it have, If its a strap set-up, then you can just slide the whole slip-on in more. I had this issue but had a hard mounted muffler mount, what I ended up doing was cutting off the back muffler mount and re-welding it on further forward.

I think some headers where longer then other from the factory for different year for whatever reason.

yes where the slip on meets the header. it is a hard mount. it slipped on over an inch wouldnt this be enough. i wish i could get a band clamp for this!

Is the muffler body held onto the mid pipe by springs? I've seen it where the springs had so much tension that they pulled the pipe further into the muffler body. If so take the springs off and put the pipe on the header as far as you can. Tighten down the mid pipe mounting bolt and then pull the muffler body to the correct position for it's mounting bolt to go in. Tighten it down and reinstall the springs. You may still need to clamp or install a gasket, but having that mid pipe on better will help reguardless.

There is no gasket for that joint. Fmf told me to use a copper silicone and install. I just ordered a t bolt clamp for mine.

My HMF was so tight I had to twist it back and forth to get it slid onto the head pipe sucked ass but it doesn't stand a chance in hell of ever leaking

thanks for all the responses guys. I'm probably gonna try and get the gasket from the dealer. If that doesn't work I will try the rtv copper. definitely need a new clamp though! :atv:

I just dont see how there can be a "gasket". Its a slip on pipe. 1.75 OD to 1.75 ID. It should be a slide on, clamp and go.

thats what it should be! maybe i can get a small pipe spreader to make the end of the head pipe a little bigger!:atv:

thats what it should be! maybe i can get a small pipe spreader to make the end of the head pipe a little bigger!:atv:
or just go to your local exhaust shop and have them open the end up a little on your head pipe so it fits snug

wow do i feel dumb. I should have thought about the muffler shop! thats the best idea yet. I'll take the whole exhaust over so i can get a good fit. thanks YAMAHAULER!

Latest posts

Back