help with dirt bike motor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87warrior

Reaction score
hellow there i need help here ive been wokring on bikes sence i was 7 years old and i have come across somethign that has put me in my tracks i have a 94 kx80 bigwheel i bougth the bike from a frend and the bottom end went out on him so i got the bike and i bought a crank off ebay that came out of a 06 kx80 the same crank the guy just put a hotrod rod in the bike he was building the bike up and he got into finchanel prolbums and had to get rid of it and i put it in and a new gasket set and seals and bearings piston and the cyclinder was just replated befor the bottom went out and it still has the hatch marks on it. i got the bike back togather the other day and it will not start at all it had 140psi of compression and its got a heck of a lot of spark and its has brand new gas the timeing is set to factory place. still not starting ive taken it to the dealer they could not find out what it was today they have not seen anythign like this befor. i pull started it yeasterday and when i would let the clutch out and pull it in it would backfire out the pipe. so i thought it was the timing but ive played with it as much as it will mve both ways advanced and retarted it not a thing. maby you might have some imput for me i would relly apreshate it verry much. thanks kyle

nope brand new flywheel key ive done every thhing i no to do but try to heat the plug up today and try that way

you probably did this, but is the carb nice and clean? just thinking of anything that could affect the starting.

yea i just bought new kawie kit for it and i found the prolbum a little bit ago they changed the firing order on the 85's so i half to grind the pins down on the flywheel and turn the key way 1 pin and it will be in time then. will try to do tha tomarrow and let you guys no about it

yea you where on that one now the other prolbum is that when i took the bottom end out the first time the shift forks fell out and i just stuck them in there for the time being and i tried to look up on line and look in the manuals for the bike and i cant find out which one goes where beaocue the bike is acting like it is taking off in 4th gear when taking off.

Back