Help with build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1statv

Reaction score
Ok so here's the story I was debating on getting a newer trx450r 2010-2013 and I ran across this guy who is a tru warrior fan and has built many sick warriors ( I ran into him on CL trying to buy some wheels from him ) . We was talking for almost 2hrs about his builds and basic warrior/raptor stuff and he slowly changed my mind and made me realize how much I love this machine. So he is willing to help me build from ground up for the April hatfield McCoy trip. Here's my question he gave me his input but he's really a all balls out type of guy and im not a money machine so I would like to know what would be the best bank for my buck on a motor build/upgrades ??? Nothing outrages but something to go along with the sick paint scheme we are about to do.

throw a high comp piston and a stage 1 hot cam and some porting and maybe a vito's key and you would have your self some decent power as long as you have a slip on and exhaust and if ya still want to spend more get a better carb

As for suspension beastly I'm going to do the banshee/660 set-up also as for air intake I'm keeping stock box with a uni filter and holes on lid (for trails) and exhaust he is making a custom exhaust from the curve of the header on back. I'm looking to spend around 6-800 on motor.

Just asking is it possible to turbo a 350 ??? Lets say with 2k worth of parts and raptr 350 bottom. The reason I'm asking is because I'm kinda of skeptical about this guy after a few more convos.

is it possible yes is it EXTREMELY hard to do YES and has anyone done it sucessfully to are knowledge NO but there is a thread on here of a guy tryin to turbo there wardog

Anything is possible if you want to spend the money to make it happen!
question is will it be reliable? more than likely NOT

If your planning on spending between $600 to $800 on building the motor up you'll definitely have a nice noticeable power increase compared to stock just keep it simple if you want reliable

I deff want it to be reliable so I'm thinking what warrior boy said will be best and reliable . What you think yamahauler?

Wanna know what I think? I think you should buy my current engine after I get the stroker in. Lol. Already set up the way you want it. But, then I'd have no spare engine. Decissions, decissions...

throw a high comp piston and a stage 1 hot cam and some porting and maybe a vito's key and you would have your self some decent power as long as you have a slip on and exhaust and if ya still want to spend more get a better carb

I deff want it to be reliable so I'm thinking what warrior boy said will be best and reliable . What you think yamahauler?

If you want good power and reliability then you can't go wrong with that set up that's what my winter build is gonna consist of in the process of gathering the parts as we speak only difference is I'm going with the WEB .390/.390 cam(which I have along with a S1HC for my current motor just gotta install the HC)

This is the exhaust he said he will build from header back
A2D4B482-D391-4044-A7A6-AB18525FAE93-1507-000000F5182DD0F3_zpscb7226bf.jpg

can you still get those turbos and efi kits cause im thinking bout that i love the turbo idea lol

What do y'all think of this labor price
Frame paint
Plastics paint
Install
All bearings
Stage 1 cam
F/R gears
Re-build and re-jet carb

Price $750 including parts

Unreal!!! I sure as hell wouldn't pay that much for that little and easy of work
looks like about $250 in parts and $500 in labor what a crock

Back