HELP! Top End problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booboi

Reaction score
My brother in laws warrior got mess up in top end. A O ring was broken and oil was getting in somewhere.
So we opened it and got new parts, gaskets,piston, etc.
And we put it back.
Heres the problem it turns on perfect however it shoots out alot of smoke from the hose near the air filter, I dont know the name of the hose so heres a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euDnmQ7IE-I *sorry for shittyness*

Well you cant see the smoke but its pour out.
Anyone have a answer?

That would be the crank breather. as to why its spewing out smoke I dont know.

Thanks for that bit of info, someone told me maybe the top end has a crack somewhere and I should get it checked out.

I HAVE A STOCK TOP END ...WELL HEAD ONLY if ya end up needing it let me know.I AM NOT SURE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOUR HAVING BUT MORE INFO MAY HELP THE GUYS TO TELL YA WHAT IT MIGHT BE.

Mine did that when it was puffing out black smoke from the exhaust... is your puffin out black smoke?

Thats called blowby meaning the rings aren't sealing. Before you go killing the motor let the rings seat first and see if it goes away. By any chance did you have that cylinder honed?? or bored and honed?? If you just dropped the piston in with new rings and didn't hone it to at least break the glaze, then thats most likly your problem.

Mine did that when it was puffing out black smoke from the exhaust... is your puffin out black smoke?
It was tossing black smoke out thats why we have to repair it, now its doing this. The smoke is light but theres alot.

Thats called blowby meaning the rings aren't sealing. Before you go killing the motor let the rings seat first and see if it goes away. By any chance did you have that cylinder honed?? or bored and honed?? If you just dropped the piston in with new rings and didn't hone it to at least break the glaze, then thats most likly your problem.
We had it bored out more, I dont recall how much. I dont know if it was honed.

I asume when you got it bored you gave the shop the new piston to measure. I made the mistake of trusting an ebay seller when I bought a new cylinder. I installed it with a stock piston and got one hell of a smoke show. Turns out it had been bored .040 over. I felt like and ass.

We had it bored out more, I dont recall how much. I dont know if it was honed.
When you had it bored out did you give the new piston to the shop that was doing the boring? If they bored your cylinder without actually measuring you new piston they fucked you.

Latest posts

Back