help! starter issue?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake70

Reaction score
Hey guys just got a new starter so I don't think it's a problem but anything is possible... so I put my new starter on and tried to start it and the starter worked fine but my battery didn't have enough juice. Now I put the battery back on after a fresh charge and I hit the button and I hear a noise from around the solenoid that sounds like a taser going off and the starter won't work. Is the starter broke or is it the solenoid based off of that sound. Or is it the cdi? Thanks guys.

So there is no way it's the starter? It's a faulty connection somewhere?

So I just tried starting it. I tried to bypass the solenoid with a screwdriver and as soon as I did... my neutral light shut off and I hit the start button and nothing happened at all. I noticed another thing... when I was sitting on it I just flipped my light switch for the hell of it and my neutral light went out and the light came on super dim and it took a minute to come on. I'm at a loss with this Damn thing and I have a guy coming to buy it soon.

Back