Help please!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan908

Reaction score
Okay, just got the new A-Arm in today, but I cant get the ball joint out of where it meets the hub! Any help would be appreciated!!

wd-40 it and let it sit for an hour then put the nut on so its flush with the bolt head and hit is a couple times with a hammer. make sure the bolt and the nut are even! otherwise you will **** up the threads big time.

wd-40 it and let it sit for an hour then put the nut on so its flush with the bolt head and hit is a couple times with a hammer. make sure the bolt and the nut are even! otherwise you will **** up the threads big time.

It's an old ball joint. Is it threaded into the the hub? I wish I could get a picture..

It's not threaded into the hub just but the nut back on top of the ball joint and tap it out with a hammer.

nope but they are tapered slightly at the base to make them stick. Pb blast works pretty good too. had the same problem with my 87. it too forever to get the first one off then i got smart and sprayed them and left it for a little while and two whacks and they popped off.

Did you tap the very top of the ball joint counterclockwise to losen??? It's is screwed into the a-arms but not alot

nope but they are tapered slightly at the base to make them stick. Pb blast works pretty good too. had the same problem with my 87. it too forever to get the first one off then i got smart and sprayed them and left it for a little while and two whacks and they popped off.

When putting back on do you need to apply and loc tite?

Did what you said with the WD40 and she popped right out, thanks!

What year a-arms ?? I have 87 arms and the ball joint (new) are fully threaded. You can t just hit it out if it has thread

Dude he was talking getting the ball joint out of the hub not the arm itself.

If you ever need to remove a ball joint or tie rod end from a steering knuckle, never hit the ball joint, you'll just mushroom the threads. Hit the side of the steering knuckle where the joint goes through it a few times and it will pop loose.

If you ever need to remove a ball joint or tie rod end from a steering knuckle, never hit the ball joint, you'll just mushroom the threads. Hit the side of the steering knuckle where the joint goes through it a few times and it will pop loose.

What's your remedy for ball joint removal on 87 a-arm??? (Threaded)

flat head or punch and a BFH to the slots on the backside of the balljoint

Man you have no clue how much banging I've been doing I had to put some heat to those damn things got 3 out and gave up on the last one . Will try again tomorrow

Back