help pleaaaase

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanmccullough67

Reaction score
alright so i bought this warrior, $700 needed a battery. just installed a new yuasa battery, turned the key on, no lights no nothing. i shut it off and turned it back on and it acts like the keys not even on. so i did the sylenoid with the screwdriver and started to turn over but instead it just make a real loud, constant noise. sounded almost like an weedeater or an air compressor. what is this? sounds like somethings stuck i have no idea

Sounds like a bad starter clutch to me as well. Does it sound like the motor is turning over.. Or it just a "whoor" like a loud fan spinning, and it's not turning over the motor?

starter clutch sounds froze or bad. try tapping the starter with a hammer and see if it will work.

Well if the starter turns over, there is no real need to tap it. Far as the lights not coming on, and it acting like the key is not working. You either have a bad connection somewhere near the battery, bad main fuse, or the contact pins on the female side of the ignition switch plug are spread too far apart. Take a pick and push em together some.

im thinking that the starter clutch could be frozen, thats why i said to tap it, in hope that it might fix it.

Have you pulled the starter out and put power to it? Try that to eliminate it. If it doesn't make noise start looking into the starter clutch or idler gear.

Back