help on rear axle assembly...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4strokerider69

Reaction score
after replacing my swing arm bearings and pivot shaft...i am now on my rear axle bearings i do have a new durablue axle that was installed a month ago just to put around the yard on for dialing in the motor and carb....(performace parts were added so it had to be rideable)...and way this casenut that owned her before me ran her dry on swingarm bearings and rear bearings in the process...now my part that i am stumped on is the left side of the axle or shall i say carrier, the bearings are so gone all there was left that ive found so far... is a inner race and oil seal now after trying to slide the axle out i have something in there hanging up on my sproket hub splines and wont let it free...any help input IDEAS would be awesome....im not tryin to mess up a month old durablue

ya know ya got a spacer in there rite, id find ya pics but it to late dude, if no help ill catch ya tommorrow, ya wanna put a zerk on there and **** too, also on swingarm if not to late, gn

Last edited:
i cant f@%^$# sleep, ok heres the spacer that goes in between the bearings, i drilled the wholes in to get grease everywhere in there, some people do some dont.......
carrierspacer2.jpg

heres the installed grease/zerk fitting so you can fill the bitch up and avoid the prob your having.......
carrierzerk2.jpg

and heres the zerk on the swing arm bearings, sounds like you got lucky with yours, alotta guys were cuttin n torching that bitch off, id say thats very important to put on considering the horror storys ive read on here......
swingzerk1.jpg

lets us know if it helps, also look at older posts, there there, ya may have to :beat:eek:n it, just make sure you put castle nuts on backwards so you dont **** up threads

thank for the input man...i have zerked it all and will continue to zerk it all lol and i was one of those horror storys on the swing arm bearings....i had to cut her out...now if i beat on my axle...that spacer wont hurt my splines...for my sprocket hub?? are there splines on the spacer to i should line up so slide it throught

Is the nuts completely off? I ask because on the durablue there is a lock ring(atleast when you also have there nuts) that has to be removed to remove anything. Discovered myself when I switched to the lonestar swinger/carrier.

i it seems like the spacer is hangin up on the splines for my sprocket ive beat on it quite a bit and still no movement im worried that spacer will ruin my splines...:argh:

well ya know that spacer "floats" in there. its not held in place by bearings. I didnt have ur prob but mine is a stock axle, i dont know anything bout your dura axle and the locks 1998 warrior spoke of, its gotta come out----it went in! WIGGLE IT .......just a little bit :tup:

try turning it as you pull it my buddy and I did his a while ago he has the Dura blue and we had to spin it a little and bump it with a rubber mallet to get it out

i just oiled and thanks gen pat and yamaha hauler, and mrjim ..i will try that tom and im just freakin out about hurtin them splines but id imagine the axle is a harder material then the spacer...but then again who knows its my first time runnin a durablue...dont how well there made

Durablue makes great axles. Any damage that could result to the splines would be easy to clean up.

thats awesome to know but why is the spacer hangin up on the splines should it not slip right throught..arent the races on each side only to be the ones that are tight

yes it should slip thru, be honest i never asked what its purpose is either, i kinda dont see 1, but im sure there is, hey bro goto my post n give me your thoughts id appreciate it, pulling my hair out

and to 98warrior i do not have the dura nuts lol....just two big ones that tighten against each other...guessing there stock but on the after market axle

i take it thats urs ? and mines def. not like that thanks for makin it 100% sure thought im hopin to order bearings this week....and havem for next week of flea bay jb also held up on my case when my chain popped due to bad rear bearings

Back