help me please

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksk350

Reaction score
ok i have a brand new hmf exhaust and air filter just sitting in my room, i havnt put it on becouse i dont have a jet kit. is it really neccasary to jet it, if so whats the cheapest carb part i need, and some one give me a link to buy it. thanks in advance

Yes you're going to have to jet it. I don't know the jets you need, but if somebody can get you in the ballpark you can pick up individual jets really cheap. Better than buying a complete kit if you can get it figured out.

not sure about rappys but if u have a warrior I would pick up a 148, 150 and a 152 main jet, one of those should do the job. You shouldnt have to change any other jet besides the main, if you go on hmf.com they will tell you that you will only need to change the main jet so pick up the ones I mentioned and you should be ready to go.

You can install it and ride around for a bit. I recently put jet kits in both of my Z's, and they both have had their yoshi pipes for over 2 years.

Yeah but he's talking about letting more air into the motor, and more air out. I wouldn't do it. Just a slip on many people have done it, but if you're letting more air in also I wouldn't.

I would buy a couple larger size main jets and one size bigger pilot jet. It all depends on if your going to run with the lid off or not because that really effects jetting big time.
I'm not sure what type of jets the stock carb takes.

if you own a raptor all you have to do is drop a clip on the needle, but hmf only sais this because your power curve drop s a tiny bit at hald throttle but then goes back up. i have a raptor with uni and hmf and have not jetted it and have no problems!!

Two things: First, you're not getting nearly the power out of it you could. When I had my Rappy (pipe, filter, jets) it would run with (or in front of) any of the 400s no problem-as long as they didn't have work. Second, if you're running it lean there's a good chance of destroying your motor. Not worth it over a couple of dollars worth of jets.

Back