Help me I'm stupid

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgerunner

Reaction score
Just rejetted to a 152.5 and a 45 it runs good until top end of each gear it sputters. How should I go bout this? I know it has to do with the jets so can I just adjust the carb or what? Sorry for asking for so much help but y'all's helped me bring this fourwheeler a LONG way I appreciate it

From what you descibe, I am not to sure its a carb issue. I am new to all this myself but read a lot. I found from reading that a couple of things will cause this ATV to miss at higher rpms. One has to do with the switch for the emergency brake. Something about this switch will start to cut the engine out if the rpm's go to high with this switch applied. Another area, I am not sure what its called. But its that screw on the throttle that allows one to only get partial throttle for a newbie to ride it or a child. Make sure that is adjusted correctly also.
I believe from what I have read both of these will cause the issue you explain. I could be wrong but check these area's. If I remember I read all this in the manual for this atv.

If it runs good all the way till about 3/4 throttle and then cuts out it may be a little lean at wot. Did you do a plug chop? If it is a little lean at wot, move the clip on the needle down one notch and that should work for you. Alternately if you do a plug chop and it is rich you could try going the other way with the clip. Also check the carb boot for leaks and make sure the header isn't loose. Go ahead, ask me why I mentioned the header pipe, lmao.

Last edited:
If it runs good all the way till about 3/4 throttle and then cuts out it may be a little lean at wot. Did you do a plug chop? If it is a little lean at wot, move the clip on the needle down one notch and that should work for you. Alternately if you do a plug chop and it is rich you could try going the other way with the clip. Also check the carb boot for leaks and make sure the header isn't loose. Go ahead, ask me why I mentioned the header pipe, lmao.
I agree with this statement. :tup:

Latest posts

Back