help choosing paint

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87warrior

Reaction score
i was woundering what color i should paint my frame what colorthe powder coating deal fel through with the guy had a heart attach and he got messed up bad and had to close his business so i like the yfz pic in the other thread on here with the orange frame and blue plastic i have blue fenders and a black tank cover and hood but i plan on getting black or the blue yfx plastic soon maby next year well pleas give me some ideas i have the money to get it painted as soon as i can figure out a color

Don't paint it, find someone else to powder coat it. Paint will scratch and scrape off and look like **** in a short amount of time. Some guys will say if you put a bunch of coats of clear it will last but it really doesn't. If your gonna spend the time to tear it down spend a little more money and have it pced. As far as color I've been thinking if pcing my frame black chrome, it would look bad ass with black plastics.

my bikes been down for over 3 monts now and there is no other place around here that does powdercoating the guy closed it down who was starting to do my frame and the nearest place that does it is 5 hours away near my cabin but i dont have time to travel that far with trying to finish my parents house and i have skids so im not to worryed about it i try not to ride in the rockeyest places if i can help it but my skid covers the hole bottom of the frame and for tuch up i can do that i just dont have the time to paint it and its to cold out to do it now well at least here it is its 50 degeres out side i did my swing are 2 years ago and it stayed good till my battery busted and thats the hole reasn im paint my bike in the first place

That is the longest sentence I have ever seen. I bet if you do some searching you will find a PCer closer than 5 hours away. Since its already been down 3 months you might as well at least try to find another place.

ive looked every one eles wants 475 to do it and thats to much just the frame and they want an extra 60 bucks per a arm idk im probley just gona paint it cause it would be less and i could get my yfz plastic and a few things for my 426

Paint will hold up if you have a skid plate...

Its not really about the clear or anything its about how the surface is prepared...

Powder coat is alot stronger than paint however it wont hold up that much better on the underneath of the frame without a skid.

yea with the skid it will hold up enough for me cause im probley gone give my warrior to my dad to ride and ill get a nother bike sence i just sold my kx and im saving that money for a newer bike

Latest posts

Back