Help choosing K&N Intake

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not many of us here are big fans of the K&N filters. I'm certainly not. You're better off buying a UNI 2 stage filter. They flow very well, and do not let debris in the engine like the K&N. Just my .02

This one is a little more money, but a good investment:

Warrior Air Filter kit

I have the same filter but machined my own aluminum adapter. The guru at the dealer here told me to oil the inner part of the filter but not the red outer covering. I still put an Outerwears on it anyway for the dunes.

This page shows the one for my Raptor 350 but I did the same thing for my Warrior: Air filter adpapter

Last edited:
This one is a little more money, but a good investment:

Warrior Air Filter kit

I have the same filter but machined my own aluminum adapter. The guru at the dealer here told me to oil the inner part of the filter but not the red outer covering. I still put an Outerwears on it anyway for the dunes.

This page shows the one for my Raptor 350 but I did the same thing for my Warrior: Air filter adpapter

What makes this air filter better/more expensive than the other uni one I found??

What makes this air filter better/more expensive than the other uni one I found??

The billet aluminum mounting plate. The link you posted that is $25 area is for filter only. They make a UNI with a stock mount end on it, but the clamp on with the aluminum plate makes for a better seal. I personally like K&N filters and ran them on the Banshee I used to have. Lots of guys say they let fine dirt through, but I never had a problem. When I got rid of the Banshee and got the Warrior and Raptor I went Pro Design and UNI just because they are easier to maintain. K&N Filter cleaner and oil get expensive after a while.

i was thinkin of ditchin my K&N and doin a uni pod with no box...anyone have any ideas how well that work out..as far as debris and light water splashes

i was thinkin of ditchin my K&N and doin a uni pod with no box...anyone have any ideas how well that work out..as far as debris and light water splashes

Pod filters scare me. I have seen the aftermath of them falling off at the sand dunes. Doesn't take sand long to kill an engine. Dirt of any kind will kill one quickly.

awesome midway...i do alot of trails n track so the dust and mud would kill it and my motor...i think i ll stick with my k&n till i get this ^^^^ k&n is better then a fried motor...thanks for the adivce

I will say that I never ran my K&N without an Outerwears so that may have helped. I even run Outerwears on my foam filters.

Alright now what would you guys suggest I do with the the box?
do the outer wares and open the lid up by cutting the center part out or doing the 1" holes just remember not to mess up the front and back parts of the lid that hold the filter down tight

You can run without the lid at all with the aluminum adapter and clamp on filter. If you run without the lid you will most likely need to jet up one step in size because its going to flow much better.

They make Outerwears that have elastic on one end that slip over the filter. That one in your link is made to velcro over the box which will work too.

Back