Help Bearings

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aces3

Reaction score
I could use some help. I am down to getting the spindle off the a-arms. Removed the keys and nut I thought they would slide out fairly easy NOT. I have the shock off so its not in my way. Is there a trick to this or anything else I might be watching for as I endure this project.

Thanks ended up using a fork on the balljoints I beat them and beat them. I had to do the controll arms on are truck just hit them twice and popped out.

Bad thing, tore the boots on the ball joints upper and lower but lower is real bad. I'll let em wear down a while then change em out.

Also I think the grease guy at yamaha the day my wolvy was built was out sick. Not a fricken drop in the bearings or well anywhere. And how did that mud get in there? Holy crap .

Thanks for the post.Jim

Yeah, they don't grease the bearings much from the factory; that's why they cr@p out. After I had mine pressed in, I put a good amount of BelRay waterproof bearing grease in there.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your ball joints are non-replaceable on the 350 wolverine... i would probably be looking for some decent a-arms on ebay.

In the future... when the ball joints wont pop out, the only good way to do it is to give the knuckle (around the tapered section of tha ball joint) a really hard hit with a hammer from the side. This will temporarily change the shape of the knuckle enough to break the seal of the taper.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your ball joints are non-replaceable on the 350 wolverine... i would probably be looking for some decent a-arms on ebay.

In the future... when the ball joints wont pop out, the only good way to do it is to give the knuckle (around the tapered section of tha ball joint) a really hard hit with a hammer from the side. This will temporarily change the shape of the knuckle enough to break the seal of the taper.

I have a 08 wolvy.

I tried hitting the knuckle.I tried pretty much everything anyonne told me to try and just went with the fork and replace ball joints. Unless theres a tool out there that I could not find them puppies were not coming loose.

It is all back together now. Not sure how the alignment is yet.

gotcha... i guess i was assuming you had a 350... sorry. they can definitely be a PITA but its how I do them pretty much every week. Where are you in NY?

Just west of Rochester.The not real upstate remember LOL

wow... my bad haha. the screen name didn't ring a bell for whatever reason.

I just did front wheel bearings and a CV boot on my '99 today and it came apart with a few good whacks. It hasn't seen a lot of submerged mudding and that kind of thing though either.

A group of us would like to get up your way this year.We actually want to do a few days from oswego up into tug hill.

Back