hella vibration at wot..

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jshultz78

Reaction score
I recently acquired an 02 warrior, starts, runs and rides great, but at WOT there's so much vibration coming thru the handlebars, it almost stings your hands too much to hang on to it, I've already checked the motor mounts, all are good and tight. Could the tabs on the clutches all be lined up causing it to be out of balance? The bike was given to me, so all I've got tied up in it is $40 I spent on a k&n filter. But if I can't figure out what it is, it's no biggie, I just use it for putting around the yard and mud play, if I want to go fast I'll just hop on my banshee.

All the time, riding, sitting still in neutral, in gear with the clutch in, just anytime in real high rpms, just normal riding it doesn't do it.

So it does it sitting still, in neutral, not moving? If all the mounts are good, tight, not broken, missing (the top mounts on the cylinder head have a habit of breaking), I would say you have an internal engine issue. It could be a bad crank bearing, but, if there is no knocking or abnormal noises, I would lean more towards an issue with the balance shaft. Do you know if the engine was ever apart? If it was, and the cases were split and the guts pulled out, it is very possible that someone did not reassemble the balance shaft and it's gears correctly(did not align the timing marks). Only other thing that comes to mind is a problem with the flywheel. May not be on tight. I would check the 17mm bolt on the left side of the engine, under the plastic Yamaha cover. It's held on with 4 bolts. Check that. Maybe the bolt is loose and/or missing, and the flywheel is not 100% seated on the crank.

It could even be a bad bearing in the engine, again, like a balance shaft bearing.

You need to take the clutch cover off to inspect it. I can't remember if the clutch has to be taken out to see the timing marks.

Good deal, I was going to pull it to make sure the clutches were install right anyways, kill 2 birds with one stone. Thanks

It doesn't pat ps 1 more for the canucks

Finally you guys have something to brag about. May wonders never cease. Lol. I couldn't remember, I have my bottom end at the shop, not here at home. My manual is there, too.

I pulled the cover off the parts bike today to see if I could find the marks, the only "dots" I saw was these circled in red.. Are these the ones I'm looking for? And if they're off, The one on the left is the one I pull off and turn to line up?
img0383rx.jpg

that thing needs a good cleaning dude! rust! and what looks like a weld?

That one's been sitting up for years outside with no carb or intake on it, the only thing good on it is the cases.

Can I pull that left gear off without pulling the clutch basket? or is there any easy way to do it?

i think ya have to rip the whole thing apart to take it off. if those are welds theres your problem right there!

Latest posts

Back