Headlights

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saweetlou

Reaction score
Do you guys have high and low beams, My 99 only has one beam. They look like factory lights but I cant really tell. There is only 2 wires comming from each light, one being the ground.

can you get a pic of the back side of the lights/how they mount? This would tell for sure if they are stock lights. I will take a lookat mine/post a pic when I get home tonight if you want.

My 07 has both high and low but then the newer models (06 and above I think) have a teardrop shaped light rather than the round that is common on older models so I'm guessing the whole lighting system changed somewhat too.

I'm sorry man, I totally forgot to get a pic for you. Do you still need it? I can make myself a note to get a pic tonight.

Let me know,

Pat

Yes a pic would be great, As I said they look like stock but I think they maybe lights from a tractor trailer, you know the spot lights they use for backing up, they are rubber wraped and only the 2 wires are comming out of them and at my harness there are 3 wires for each light. OH!! I think I just answered my own question, these are definately not factory infact now that I look at them, if I were to replace the bulbs the whole light pops out of the rubber shell and its only a 1 beam.
Thanks for the replies Guys, I guess I will try and find some factory lighs somewhere.

If the have a rubber surround they are not stock. The stock light housings are a hard plastic. I did not take a pic last night, forgot again with everything else going on.

These are a couple older ones from when I finished up the winch mount. Hopefully they give ya an idea

DSC02369.jpg

DSC02368.jpg

The silver pieces are metal that I repainted to clean them up, the black housing on the back is the hard plastic I was talking about. You can kind of see the bracket under the lights. It is kind of a funky piece that you couldn't just bolt on an aftermarket light without some modifying.
If you need anything else, it will have to wait again, sorry.

Well thanks for the pics, my lights are deffinately not stock. I like where you mounted your winch, did you just tuck up the oil cooler above. I have that ugly try that sits in front, I was thinking about cutting it up and doing what you have done.

Yeah, that is actually why I took those pics, showing the finished product of remounting the winch/repainting the front bumper. As you said, I just moved the oil cooler up a little higher and "rigged" it in place.

I repositioned the entire winch mount, when I bought the Wolverine it looked like this:

DSC02297.jpg

DSC02296.jpg

Nice Job!
I am going to try that , although I have never used the winch and was think of taking it off completely to lighten up the front end. Does your way change the front at all.

The Wolverine itself did not get changed at all. The only modifications that needed to be made were on the afttermarket winch mount that somenone before me had installed. The front bumper and everything else stayed where it was.

Actually there was one change, the oil cooler had to be moved a little higher than the stock location.

Did you have to disconnect the oil cooler in order to move it, I have seen a couple other guys that have moved theirs and I see that the oil lines have been crosed I think. Looking at mine I think that it would have to disconnected in order to put it where I think it should go.

I didn't actually disconnect my lines, but to really do it up right I think you need to. I never really "finalized" my mounting point, I regret to say it is still just kind of "rigged" into position...

OK Thanks for the quick responce, I think over the winter I will relocate my winch I will keep everyone updated as to my progress.
Cheers

Back