header for my gytr slipon

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaha350r

Reaction score
hey i need to kno wut header to use with my gytr slip on
i wus thinkin about the fmf bowerbomb header
i just dont like the stock header look its black and ugly wit the silver slip on ???

It's not worth the money to put an aftermarket header on a stock motor. If you only want to make it look better, take the stock header off and clean it down to bare metal with a wire wheel, and paint it with high temp silver spray paint. That's what I did with mine and it looks good, and mud doesn't cake onto it like it used to. Just make sure that your hands are clean when you touch the bare metal. If you get oil on the metal the paint will blister when the pipe heats up, i found that out the hard way.

Very good point, wire wheels do wonders, take this from a guy who works metal all day, every day for the last 5 years,
also look for a metal plating shop, it doesn't take a whole lot of money to get a good nickel plated finish on your pipe, and those shops can be found in any city, their around you just have to look.

A header won't give you a ton of power with a stock motor, but it'll transfer more power to the midrange and top end. This is very beneficial to the warrior, the stock setup ran like a damn tractor.

Back