head light wattage limits ?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior stu

Reaction score
i have searched and asked and everything but i cant get a direct answer what are the wattage limits for the head lights and what is it for single or twin or quad for a 96 warrior?

some have told me its duil 35w
and others say i can use duil 55w or 4 35w bulbs

some one pleas help

this is for aftermarket lighting and i want to get the most light without burning up the stater or harnes

If you go with LED bars they can run a higher wattage and pull a lot less amperage. The amperage is what will melt wiring and burn up a stator.

The stock stator can push 200watts, I called ricky stator and asked them. Im running two hella 500's 55w each and dont have any issues

The stock stator can push 200watts, I called ricky stator and asked them. Im running two hella 500's 55w each and dont have any issues

No it can't. It's rated to 110 watts. If you ran 200 watts of draw from that stator it would melt. Rickey stator didn't manufacture the OEM stator, so as far as i'm concerned I don't give a rats ass to what they have to say. All I care is what the OEM manufacturer says.

Im pretty sure they know what they're talking about since all they do is make stators, re-wind stator to give it more watts. I called them and they said the warriors have a good stator thats why there are NO aftermarket high output stators for the warrior. Dont beleive me, call them and pick there brain about it. OEM stuff is always under rated than what it can actually do. Im running 110watts just from my lights plus however many watts the motor needs to run and i dont have any issues whatsoever.

Bro, there are high output stators.. Ricky's are factory rated, rm's are not, neither is the moose racing one I'm running which is rated at 240watt operating accessory, 310 peak accesory.

I ran a stock on in a 01 with two 55w bulbs, after about 6 hours of night riding the battery was too weak to crank the machine. I would be carefull what you take for golden truth from on a specific machine from a company that works on EVERYTHING. Even more so on a machine that has been far from developed for over 25 years.

well ok didn't want to start a pissing mach LOL but thank you all for the info it helps me allot and gives me a definitive answer. thank you

Has anyone used hids? I was thinking about using a set of tge wrx fogs i have laying around making custom brackets and throwing an hid kit in them for night riding. HID kits are 35 watts and 20 amps. Will the stock stator handle it?

i dont mean to get off topic but im also looking to up grade my light does any one know a good kit or what lights a can use with out makeing a lot of electrical mods or even a page the walks you threw the steps any help would be great

There doesn't need to be a guide cause this **** is too damn easy. Just need to make sure your light combo is under 110w and hook it up that's it.

Latest posts

Back