having problems please help!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkimbrel

Reaction score
ok my buddy has a 98 warrior. fried bottom end last yr piston was smackin an everything. lol ok but he had sent the hole quad in the shop n got the hole motor rebuilt bottom end top valves carb cleaned yata yata. no when he first got it back it ran allright not the best i noticed the header pipe was cherry red hot. the intake boot between carb n motor had got a hole in it some how but it was brand new got replaced when he got motor rebuilt. so he replaced that, but now heres the problem, it starts right up no problem idles kinda high then makes like a pop noise by the intake boot n idles down n sputters till it dies. n when he gets on it WOT it sputters bad to. and then the started buttom quit workin but i can start it by jumpin the sylinoid but i dont think that would cus anything with why its running how it is. im personly a 2 stroke guy so dont know much bout these 4 stroke motors if anybody has an idea what could be wrong with it let me know tyhat would be sweet. thanks

Sounds like a jetting issue if the header was glowing. Get us a pic of the spark plug?

I bought a 2001, cleaned it up this weekend, started it, same thing, idles high (normal if you have choke on or check if tension is too high on throttle cable if its bad), exhaust header got hot within like 30 seconds and than made a popping noise around intake boot, sputtered and died. Same thing again twice, than the fuse near battery (close to left rear fender) blew, no starting at this point, not even a click. Tracked fuse holder down, there was a replacement on the little rubber boot, new Fuse in, started, popped and died.

Turns out the float needle was all gummed up, had to take the float off to really see it (you wont be able to tell with float on), let in just enough gas to start but not enough to run. Cleaned it out, solved the problem.

Crated another problem though, since the rubber tip is old, its now letting in too much gas and the carb overflows...rebuilt kit ordered (amazon, 25 bucks prime)

Check your float needle (right where the fuel line goes in the carb, that tube, on the inside of the carb the float needle sits in there), if its gummed up, clean it, if you see ANY marks on the rubber tip, replace the float needle, or you'll overflow too (runs out the carb on two overflow lines...easy to tell)

Back