Have a question for you guys.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89warrior

Reaction score
Ok, I just got done rebuilding a tranny and engine on a 95 Honda fourtrax 300 4x4 for a customer. When I got done with the engine it would fire right up. first push of the starter button. Well, the owner brought it back a day later cause the timing chain tenchener broke. Fine ez fix I thought. Well, I got the new tenchener installed and the engine retimed. Try to fire the engine up and nothing. Wont even try to fire. It's getting a beautiful spark, fuel, and tons of compression. I checked the flywheel key, piston and valves for damage. nothing seems to be fucked up. The engine just wont fire up. Yes, I am timing the engine right. O the engine wont even fire with a shot of ether anyone have any ideas?

are you sure the timing is correct? when the tensoner broke the chain might have skipped a tooth and messed up your timing. might have timed the engine 180 degrees off the mark or something. i did that when i rebuilt mine and had to tear it back down. make sure no valves are open when the engine is on its compression stroke at tdc.

I rebuilt a motor and everything was fine like you said above but wouldnt run! Finally figured the stator was bad.

I rebuilt a motor and everything was fine like you said above but wouldnt run! Finally figured the stator was bad.

Well I'm getting a very good spark. So i know the starter is fine. Yes I know the timing is wrong, But why? I have reset every thing and started over 5 times now thinking i timed it wrong. But same prob every thing. No fire. Getting spark, gas, and compression.

did you make sure that the piston is at tdc when no valves are open on compression stroke?

Yes, the piston is at TDC, and I reset the valves. I am replacing the cam chain tomorrow it is very loose. I know that's not the prob, but it wont hurt either.

Back