Hard to shift out of reverse when hot

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jshultz78

Reaction score
I've noticed that when my warrior is hot I have a hard time shifting out of reverse. It'll go into reverse no problems. But sometimes I catch hell trying to get out of reverse. Sometimes it'll shift easy tho. The problem is kinda intermittent. Any ideas?

Try rocking the quad back and forth, the gears in the trans could be off just a bit and not aligning. My quad does this cold or hot.

Also it will shift easier out of reverse if you are still moving slightly.

mine only gives trouble when trying to go out of reverse when my forward selector is in neutral instead of a forward gear. Try leaving it in first and shifting to reverse and back to first instead of neutral. I'm not sure of the concept or principle or what makes mine do that, but thats just my experience with my trail rig and what works best for me, hope it helps.
Edit: FYI you can shift from reverse to any forward gear with these machines.

i find it easier to manage if i cup the whole shifter instead of just pulling it up with 2 fingers. goes in and out of R very easily hot or cold.

On topic but off topic ...has anyone ever switched to reverse and the quad starts moving with-out disengaging the clutch????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep it's just like dry shifting I believe. At least that's what is sounded like

warriorbar-1.gif

03 Yamaha Warrior
PRM front bumper
AC nerfs
3 1/2" rear spacers
Custom slip on
More to come
check out my vids on YouTube
-Atv Mayhem

Yep it's just like dry shifting I believe. At least that's what is sounded like

warriorbar-1.gif

03 Yamaha Warrior
PRM front bumper
AC nerfs
3 1/2" rear spacers
Custom slip on
More to come
check out my vids on YouTube
-Atv Mayhem

Is there a fix for that??

On topic but off topic ...has anyone ever switched to reverse and the quad starts moving with-out disengaging the clutch????

yep, that's because the clutch basket is too shallow for the clutch pack. that's one problem that the extra steel plate cures. it could be because of small grooves that get etched into the basket too. IIRC

yep, that's because the clutch basket is too shallow for the clutch pack. that's one problem that the extra steel plate cures. it could be because of small grooves that get etched into the basket too. IIRC

It's funny because it just started doing that .

Latest posts

Back