hard spot while cranking....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xj4m3

Reaction score
warrior has a hard spot while cranking and wont crank over. the battery is fully charged and good. starter clutch appears to be ok so what else could it be?? help asap thanks!

not sure havent seen it yet, headed over to help figure it out tomorrow. says it cranks just fine with no spark plug though. looking for ideas to look for so keep them coming....

not sure havent seen it yet, headed over to help figure it out tomorrow. says it cranks just fine with no spark plug though. looking for ideas to look for so keep them coming....

looks like the starter is on it's way out then maybe.

I would say the starter is dieing ..with no load (no spark plug) its turns over fine but when it has one its slow .

i switched out the starter with mine and mines only about a year old and it did the same thing. they had the starter clutch off and said it seems fine and the woodruff key was ok as well.

i think its the starter clutch, it kind of hits compression and with the timing cam gear cover off you can see it jump back and forth before finally turns over.
Any word on those new starter clutches yet? i think i read L&L was the brand. can you get them?

i think its the starter clutch, it kind of hits compression and with the timing cam gear cover off you can see it jump back and forth before finally turns over.
Any word on those new starter clutches yet? i think i read L&L was the brand. can you get them?

pull out your starter then push/pull start her. then you will know forsure.

Back