Hanging throttle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btolenti

Reaction score
I am having a problem with a hanging throttle. I rev it up in neutral with the parking brake off, and the throttle will come down, but stick at a certain RPM - not at idle. I just cleaned out the carb, and installed a new cable.

Any ideas what to check now????? I really hate the stock wolvy carb....cost me an arm and a leg for a good used one without any plastic broken...

yeah i'm having the same issue with erractic idling here and there. you rev it and it'll hang up and not return to idle rpm. then when you shut it down and start it back up, it's fine. ANY THOUGHTS?? THANKS!!! PLEASE HELP.

Is the throttle sticking it self, any kinks in the cable or is it more like the choke is on and the revs go higher after reving it.

the symptons you describe genarlly indicate an air leak somewhere. check your carb boot.

I had same problem and it was y top cover rubbed trough, vacuum loss. Used carb? gaskets might need changing, are you sure your cable is properly adjusted? Did you open the carb up and make sure the throttle plate and vacuum plate and moving freely?

Back