Hanging revs and erratic idling?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunsmoke

Reaction score
hey guys, i have a 2003 wolvy 350 4x4. i'm having issues with erratic idling, sputtering, and stalling. i went through the carberatuor and everything was pretty damn clean and free. i noticed the main jet read 141.3. i couldn't see what the pilot jet read. now it's not stalling, i have fresh 100 octane gas in the tank, all the fuel lines are free flowing, it's totally stock, and when i rev it's hanging up. any ideas? thanks for the help! :D:confused:

Run some Seafoam through it, should clean it up if there is anything in there.

Sounds like its running lean, or you possibly have an intake leak somewhere. What do you have your fuel screw set at? Make sure the carb is seated firmly in the intake boot with the clamp tight and that there are no cracks in it. The quick and dirty test is to spray some carb cleaner on and around the intake boot. If the idle changes as it sucks the carb cleaner in you will know for sure.

I dont know where you live, but here in NY the fuel is just awful with the ethanol in it. Ethanol by nature will make an engine run lean (which will cause a hanging idle) due to the fact that it contains more oxygen in its chemical composition. Good for the environment in a fuel injected vehicle that can automatically compensate... not so much in your carbureted ATV.

If your boot is good, and backing out the fuel screw wont clear it up, you will need to bump your pilot jet up. Good luck!

check your cable ajustment too, and make sure your cable is free and not binding.

Latest posts

Back