Handlebar swap

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavtricks72

Reaction score
Hey everyone. When we bought my wife's 2006 Wolverine it had been rolled over by the previous owner. Must have been on one of the first few rides because other than the damages suffered from the roll it's pretty much spottless. What I have had to do is replace the stearing stem that runs from the handlebars to the steering components. That was easy enough. my wife doesn't like the low handlebars on the new Wolverines and wanted a set like I have on my 2001. So I ordered a set to put on when I took it apart to replace the steering stem. Well, I didn't realize that the throttle cable had almost no slack and it's to tight and when I turn to the left it revs up. I'm going to get back in there to see if I can find a little slack but in the mean time I wondered if anyone had run into a similar problem and if they were able to fix it.
Any advice would be very helpfull.

Thanks,
Shawn

NO Slack

FYI, on a 2006 350 there is NO slack to be had for the throttle cable, I just went ahead and put the original bars back on for now.

Shawn

Back