Handlebar mount

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinsranger

Reaction score
im not around my warrior, and i need to order some parts, do you guys know if the bar mounts are removable on the upper steering stem, basically, i ordered oversized bars, and need to figure out which adapter to use.

this style

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VXAHWW/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&smid=AJO8BSPGGJBVI

or this style

http://www.amazon.com/Taper-Univers...qid=1352393526&sr=1-18&keywords=bar+mount+kit

thanks for any help, i'd prefer the second option because they make different heights to suit my comfort, but we will see how lucky i am

haha damn i fail at the internet lol.

i'd like to find that style that has a riser built into it, i may just extend my steering stem itself
You could always customize your stock stem, or flip the bucks for an aftermarket stem...
Anti vibe stems are a good investment.
What size bars are you looking to run anyway? Cause there is really no difference between a fatter bar, and a 7/8 bar. Other than the look...

You could always customize your stock stem, or flip the bucks for an aftermarket stem...
Anti vibe stems are a good investment.
What size bars are you looking to run anyway? Cause there is really no difference between a fatter bar, and a 7/8 bar. Other than the look...

i dont want to pay for a steering stem, thats for sure, if it were a 450 or something i woudnt mind, but not for the warrior. i have some assorted lengths of different diameter d.o.m. tubing so i think i'm gonna cut and weld a section in, i'm thinking 3 inches, but i may try spacers at first to find the height i want then modify the stem.

i'm going to run tag bars, 1 1/8, but they are pretty low compared to my bars i have now. im not used to all this +3 or whatever with steering stems and swingarms and all coming from dirtbikes lol

i dont want to pay for a steering stem, thats for sure, if it were a 450 or something i woudnt mind, but not for the warrior. i have some assorted lengths of different diameter d.o.m. tubing so i think i'm gonna cut and weld a section in, i'm thinking 3 inches, but i may try spacers at first to find the height i want then modify the stem.

i'm going to run tag bars, 1 1/8, but they are pretty low compared to my bars i have now. im not used to all this +3 or whatever with steering stems and swingarms and all coming from dirtbikes lol

Well the tag bars taper from 1,1/8" to 7/8 so you can use standard grips. But I would just use the adapters you showed on your first post. They should give you at least a +1 bump. And making your own extended stem shouldn't be to hard if you have the material. Just cut the flag, and mount off your stock stem, and make a new one.

I would also look into how wide the tag bars are? Bikes with twist throttles don't need wider bars to accommodate for a large thumb throttle, and the bigger master cylinder to stop 2 wheels. I would look into that first. They might not fit..

Last edited:
Back