Handguards(brushguards)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robotaz

Reaction score
Does anyone have advice on brush guards for my '08? I want quality first, economy second.

I installed Powermads on mine over the winter and they were a little tricky but in the end they work great! I also changed my stock hand grips to Odi hand grips at the same time since I needed to adjust the brake levers and the throttle. Getting the stock grips off was horrible and sucked big time but let me tell ya it was well worth it! Today 5/4 was my first ride of the year and the Odi grips are like pillows compared to the stock grips!

Amber wears padded gloves with it and she claims that the grips are fine. She gets crazy though when the stickers and stuff are brushing by against her wrists and forearms.

Thanks. I'll check out the Powermads. And sorry for posting in the wrong section. I couldn't even find my own thread. LOL

I got the PowerMadd with the standard atv mounts and they wrok great, plus they look pretty neat!

1226001102.jpg

Interesting. I checked them out and I think I like the basic Trail Stars. Thanks for the feedback.

Suck it up, be a man, you dont need handguards. Kidding, I bought a set and caught a branch. broke it right off. Now I wear gloves and long sleeves.

Suck it up, be a man, you dont need handguards. Kidding, I bought a set and caught a branch. broke it right off. Now I wear gloves and long sleeves.

I drive a 700xx with no guards. The Wolvy is driven by my fiancee. She does actually wear gloves and sleeves, but I think she would squirm a little less when the sticker bushes hang over the trail if she had the guards. She starts slowing down a lot and I find the bikes get scratched less if you just hammer down and blast through it. Plus, we're already going slower than I would prefer. That's the main reason I want to put them on.

I drive a 700xx with no guards. The Wolvy is driven by my fiancee. She does actually wear gloves and sleeves, but I think she would squirm a little less when the sticker bushes hang over the trail if she had the guards. She starts slowing down a lot and I find the bikes get scratched less if you just hammer down and blast through it. Plus, we're already going slower than I would prefer. That's the main reason I want to put them on.

Like I said kidding. Id be so happy to get my GF to ride and would do what ever it takes.

I love my powermadd stars. There are 2 styles of mounts you can get, the standard ATV with an arm style mount, or the full on bush guards. They wrap around and slide into the bar ends, and look pretty indestructible. I like mine for keeping my little girl hands warm and drier...canada has some cold arse spring and fall days!

I love my powermadd stars. There are 2 styles of mounts you can get, the standard ATV with an arm style mount, or the full on bush guards. They wrap around and slide into the bar ends, and look pretty indestructible. I like mine for keeping my little girl hands warm and drier...canada has some cold arse spring and fall days!

So you have the "full on" mounts?

No just the regular arm style mounts, I didn't see the need for the full wraps for myself

Maybe I have a dirty mind, but I think Robotaz was trying to be funny.

Maybe I have a dirty mind, but I think Robotaz was trying to be funny.

LMFAO! I was being serious. That's hilarious man. :lmao:

I really just want to know what works so I was asking what abmudwinch used so I could check it out.

Latest posts

Back