Ground up rebuild!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently got a 2003 YFM350 and $500 cash on trade for a custom 1993 Honda EX with a 1986 Honda ATC350X motor mounted in it. Paid $250 for the Honda didn't take anything to get it going so I think I came out WAAAAY ahead on that one.
To the point, after a little thought I've decided to invest some time in this one and start from the ground on it. I have already started the project with some simple stuff, Aluminum Airbox with Uni Filter, Procom Rev Box CDI, Modified clutch case with Oil Cooler,6 Sigma Stage 3 Jet Kit. Also ordered brand new wiring harness since the last owner butchered sections of the stock one (annoying). Will be breaking the motor down later this week and installing the oil cooler and doing a port and polish, but for the rest I thought maybe I'd see what kind of advice I could from the experienced Warrior builders first.
Now, I've heard lots of different things about Hot Cams for the warriors good and bad but have no experience with them myself. Was wondering if any of you have any advice on the motor work? Hot Cams/ No Hot Cams, 12:1 vs 10.5:1 etc.

Also, BeastlyWarrior228 great job on the beastly motor build thread.:atv:

Really it depends on what your going to do with it trail bike,woods bike etc. I run a stage one hot cam in my bike with a white brothers 10.25-1 piston,along with upgraded valve springs stock valves. It runs healthy bumps it up from stock slightly but most people would agree your probably better off getting a web "88" grind cam with hd springs from kibble white you will gain the most of it with an exhaust and the p&p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's gonna kinda get all types of use, from trail riding and jumping to street racing, lol. I know that those are completely different ends of a spectrum for one specific build but, really I just want a really nice, powerful machine. Kind of like an all purpose build I guess...

10.25-1 /10.50-1, .0040 over bore with a web cam with kibble white black diamond valve springs will give you a all around powerful and still versital bike. Just my 2 cents

10.25-1 /10.50-1, .0040 over bore with a web cam with kibble white black diamond valve springs will give you a all around powerful and still versital bike. Just my 2 cents

Could you please post a link to these parts.

Thanks

Ya I'll get it in a few I'm welding my frame back together right now

Contacted the guy I got this from yesterday to ask some questions about the motor, he said it's been bored to 366cc, won't know personally for sure till later this week when I break down the motor. I do think I will go with that Web cam instead of the hot cam, also gonna use those springs as well. Was looking at the JE 10.5:1, but gonna wait till I see what piston they put in it if they did bore it over.

If it is 366 then it is JE. They are the only 366 (85mm) pistons I found. I am also running the Web cam (.390).

Got a guy who will do the paint for me for $250, all the pieces I want, or I can pay $100-150 for powder coating just the frame. Not sure how much extra it would be for the rest of the components. Leaning towards the powder coating of everything though.

Powder coat is really the way to go if you can get a good deal on it its a lot more durable

So I dropped the frame off to be powder coated, gonna see how good it looks before I take the rest in to be done. Hopefully I'll have that back soon. Just got the first round of parts in Unrestricted CDI, Brand new wiring harness and 6sigma stage 3 jet kit. Still waiting on my aluminum airbox and new Tusk axle.

Last edited:
Quick question... Why did you get rid of the 350X???????????????????????? I would have bought that off of you in a heartbeat. Could have done a lot with that.

Honestly, I didn't realize how many people like the 350x motor. I had it for sale for a long time. The 300ex frame needed pretty much everything.

Back