Greetings from east Texas

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROMAN

Reaction score
My name is Roman. I just bought a 1998 Yamaha Warrior 350. She aint a beauty queen but she aint a dog either. Not sure how long I will keep it. Needs a carb cleaning, timing chain adjustment and oil & filter to begin with.
It has a Supertrapp aftermarket pipe. I am an all-original kind of guy and don't care for mods too much. The genius that installed the Supertrapp must have made an error because it melted a 1/2 inch horizontal hole in the length of the airbox. Also has a K&N air filter but it sure looks dirty! She makes a slight howling noise when I turn to the right. Otherwise, all plastics are in good shape with normal fading. Came with new front & rear Dunlop tires.
Has a little rust hear and there. Headlights work. Sounds a little slow to start and shifts odd. And she needs a new rear red taillight as the original one is missing. Overall, I think I will be happy when I can get these little items corrected and get things going with her.
One thing is for certain - she's heavy! Just like I read in many of the online reviews prior to purchasing.
When I was in junior high, I had a brand new 1984 Suzuki Quadrunner 125 when they first came out. Then got a brand new Yamaha Moto-4 in 1985. Then a new 1985 Honda 200x. Loved them all! Recently sold my 1984 Honda Big Red. I am actually a Honda man more than anything else, but Yamaha is usually my second choice for items as these.
I also ride a '07 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 as my daily driver to work/home and local errands.
I'll be asking some dumb questions. I hope all will bear with me. And I love one member's quote on here...."If it aint dirty, you aint riding it right. Yes, it's fast. No you can't ride it!" I cracked up when I saw that! Pretty funny!

Praise be to God! For HE is good. Hallelujah to our Lamb!

Last edited:
Welcome, yamahauler is the sites online greeter, I think he's on pay roll? go to Genpat if want the right answer!:haha: but be careful----he's known to keep secrets (did you ever find out pantie color Gen?):evilface:
Roman, 200X was my first ride, got scares to prove it!:leer:

Last edited:
I am from Lufkin. Born here. Raised here. And will die here...with no regrets.
:haha:

Lufkin is 90 miles northeast of Houston and has a population of about 50,000.

i left my ex in texas............and she stole all my ****................go get her!!!! there's a song bout that **** correct?:loco:

i left my ex in texas............and she stole all my ****................go get her!!!! there's a song bout that **** correct?:loco:

You are probably thinking of George Straits: All my exes live in Texas. Great song.

Back