got the .450 cam put in!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xj4m3

Reaction score
well guys i brought the head down to school with me 2 weeks ago. I pulled the springs out, did some porting w/ the angle die, and put in a new exhaust valve, as the old one was mushroomed out on top. I put the cam in this past weekend and it makes a world of diffference. The cam is a duncan racing .450 lift billet, w/ that i put in a set of r/d springs. I didnt get a chance to ride but about 2 hours although I did open it up a little after about an hour of break in and it pulls quite well on the top end now, revs higher and has more of a mellow tone. Hopefully there will still be some warm days left to ride b4 it gets cold all of the time.
503001_16_full.jpg

seemed to be quite a good increase, it definately picks up about half throttle and from there pulls a lot like the bottom end used to. I only spent 110$ for the cam and 35$ for the springs both off of ebay, so i think i did alright.

sick man...nice quad too i really like that pipe, and the red/bnlack look.

I am at 357ccs with it bored .040, Thanks for the comments guys i bought this quad when i was 18 for 800$!!!! it was pretty beat when i got it, white/red so i painted the tank cover, nose piece and frame and its looking pretty good now.

dude (xj4me) pm me a pick of those tires

Just to help you out, the rears are GBC Shredders, and the fronts look like Kenda Front pros.

Kickass bike man, hows that DG pipe? It looks alot better than the RCM i had.

Pipe is pretty good, it is pretty loud but it did give a good gain and i got it for 150$ brand new, overall i like it. Yes the rears are Shredders, almost wore out too lol

Back