Got that no spark syndrome

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwood

Reaction score
Well quad wont start, pulled the plug and no spark. I ohmed the stator and guess what red/blue 460 and brown/green 20. lol I called rmstator they talked to the tech guy he said source coil is bad. So I filled out the return stuff and will send it to them for free replacement.

That sucks. We are getting ready to head to the dunes, and it's a nagging thought int he back of my mind.
I'd change it for good measure, but I'm too cheap.

Holy crap, UPS was $36.00 to send it back, priority is $41.00 and 1st class is $27.00. I send it UPS cause 1st class had no tracking and no insurance with it. And with UPS they told my it wont get there until the 10th of May.

sent it in the smallest box I had. It was from an old blackberry curve. So small they wrapped it in bubble wrap to fit the tag on it cause the box was too small. And it only weighed 2.3pds

Man I just thought about it, I should have sent it in a flat rate box, dang it!! I just looked a small flat rate box to Cananda or Mexico is only $11.35

I think their decimal deeevice calculization coordinator hickey was off.
Should have been $3.60.
Coulda fit 6 of 'em in a small flat rate, including bubble wrap, for five bucks.
D'oh!
(Just rubbin' salt in your wound :)

Hell, dude, I think I'd go back and ask 'em for a re-do...

So I'm pretty pissed, I call Rmstator today because they should have sent my stator back and they tell me that I have to pay another 26 bucks for custom fees before they will send it back to me. So my free warrenty repair comes out to about 73 bucks for the shipping and gasket. When/if I have to repalce the stator agoain I'm going to RickyStator then if I have any issues I wont get raped from shipping it back

heck it has to be better then what I have. I bought it in September of last year. 1st problem, the universal rubber boot didn't have the extra holes plugged so I was sprayinf oil out it, I called them about it and they said I could sent it to them to get fixed but they would just fill them with permatex so I did it myself. 2nd problem one of the wires for charging the battery slid out of the barrel connector in the wiring plug, I fixed that, and 3rd now the source coil is bad

me either, I've only been told good things, but my personal experiance with them has not been good, I may have just gooten a bad stator to start with, it happens sometines and that's ok but the shipping and customs is crap, Rickystator is in California, if there is an issue shipping will be cheap. But hopefully this one will last forever.

got my stator back this evening, they replaced the source coil and looks like they redid the my wiring fix on the white wire plug. So I grab my tools and put it in, get it all back together flip the quad back on it's wheels (had her on her side so I didn't lose my new oil) put the battery back in and try to start it. All it did was crank, so I check to make sure it's got gas, yep sure do. Try to start it and just cranks and cranks. Now I'm getting mad, so I get my tools back out and go to pull the plug, man I felt dumb I never put the plug wire back on from when I was checking for spark a few weeks ago. Put the wire back on and bam hit the start button and she started right up. Kinda surprised me, I thought I flooded her. So she is up and running again. :slayer: In the next few days I'll have to take her out and beat her a little
:atv:

This makes me fell positive about getting mine back together.

YES, I KNOW. I'M A LAZY ****. Well not really. just a busy lazy ****.

Not specifically. I got a new pulse coil for it from Rickys. I'm guessing thats what it is. All signs lead to that. I have the whole engine apart now. Just need to splice in the new coil and slap it all back together.

heck it has to be better then what I have. I bought it in September of last year. 1st problem, the universal rubber boot didn't have the extra holes plugged so I was sprayinf oil out it, I called them about it and they said I could sent it to them to get fixed but they would just fill them with permatex so I did it myself. 2nd problem one of the wires for charging the battery slid out of the barrel connector in the wiring plug, I fixed that, and 3rd now the source coil is bad

I had the same problem with the rubber boot with these guys.

Back