Got one warrior running, but no spark on the other

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xJoey Dubsx

Reaction score
Few months ago went to CrowCanyon.com and for some reason my blue 00 Warrior wouldnt run when I got there, even though it ran when I put it on the truck. The red 00 warrior my buddy was riding ran but he stalled it out later and it stopped running..

Well I got the red one running today, but the blue one isn't running still, even after putting a new stator in the it a few weeks ago (I tested it and it was open).... I took the CDI box off the blue one, and put it on the running one, and what do you know, the red one wouldn't start..

So that must be the problem right? Well I put that CDI box on the non running one that was off the running one, and still won't start or get a spark.... We switched coils prior to get the red one running before I got it running, but that wasn't it.

So it's not the coil, it's not the stator, the working CDI won't even get it to spark..

Anyone know what it could be?

Before ya start spending any money, trace back your wires from your coil and make sure its not cut anyweres like mine was!

Did you happen to change out the flywheel for a diff. year? Warriorgirl09 had that prob, she had the wrong year stator with the wrong year flywheel and it wouldnt spark at all....

Also check all ground wire, I had a no start and it was the little ground that comes off the main neg. battery wire was broke. It happens to go up to the coil.

I also had a crazy no spark die while riding not to long ago. I checked everything i could have checked but found out the orange wire that comes out of the CDI and goes to the ignition coil came undone. Plug it back in and fired right up

im going to check all grounds and wires next time i attempt to work on it.

i just dont understand why the CDI from the non working quad causes the working quad not to work.

If there is a loose or broke or disconnected wire none of it will work no matter what parts you put on it.

It could have just the fact that wire could have been loose worked when you loaded it, but then in travel pull loose from bumps, other quad same thing loose wire you removing the CDI could have pulled loose or pulled another connection loose. Check all the grounds, connectors, wires make sure they aren't loose, broke corroded burned that sort of thing.

Both quads are 2000's...

I switched the CDI's back and forth a few times on the running quad, and the CDI from the non working one won't let it start.

but putting the good CDI on the non running quad it still doesnt work.

my ground was split right at the bend of the battery/frame.. hard to see unless you rlookng for it.. heatshrink and elec tape and your back and running..

sounds like your issue might be more complicated..

strip that puppy down and check the rub points of the wiring.. do you have a manual?

ha i just got the message.. i might have some time this saturday i could stop over.. let me know..here or on dakdur

figured it out, took it to the dealer, i got 2 dud stators in a row, stopped buying the electro sport brand and then got rick's and it started right up!
going to haspin acres this weekend, so glad its all in good order.

figured it out, took it to the dealer, i got 2 dud stators in a row, stopped buying the electro sport brand and then got rick's and it started right up!
going to haspin acres this weekend, so glad its all in good order.

you should put down your experiance with electro sport in the product review section, so future issues with them can be avioded

electro sport is the pile of dog poop you dont see when your walking in the park.. it makes you say.. boooo

Latest posts

Back