Got my new cdi!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerman2701

Reaction score
Got my stock cdi in the mail and away with the rmstator that means no more rev limit !!

Just got. Question the cdi I got had a crack in the plastic cover and the rubber by the connectors I cNt see any electrical guts but was eonderig if I should super glue it shut or let it be? Just don't wanna short out if I hit water!

That cdi ain't gonna run much longer you could super glue it but I dought it will run tomuch longer and are you takeing the rm off?

Why don't you think the cdi will last much longer? The crack is not bad just wanna be sure

so this new one is cracked? Deff used some RTV sealant. You want it good and covered with something durable and strong.

Ya the eBay deseiptiom said nothing of it being cracked I was like wtf but at least this one works and I have no limit! 6th gear feels like 20mph faster haha

Did you contack rm about that cdi? They don't come with rev limits except the clutch one to keep from revving it to high between gears

Ya I did and they said all quads have a limit I was like no. I have a screen shot of the convo. I was mad as hell

Hmmm my rm cdi don't have a rev limit I disconected the clutch and parking brake safty and mine don't have any rev limiters so idk why yours is acting that way is the cdi still under warentie?

Nope I'm not worried now since the stock cdi I have now has no limit :) just hope it stays working gaha

What stator are you running?
was your "new" CDI sold "as new"?

If so, I'd ask for a refund. If not I'd call the seller out. CDI Is your brains. Without it there is no funtime.

Me, I'd be pissed!

here is the convo with RM stator it was so frustratng,

Last edited:
WOW boss!!! I'd be ticked as well. Your argument was clear.

Hers was about as textbook as it gets. She's definitely reading from a script.

I think you got a defective unit the first oone I got didn't work at all but the one they sent me under warrentie works flaw less

Yeah definitely lol. Why would you even want one with a rev limiter though? To keep from blowing your motor..? And how much higher can you rev past their limiter "safely" without blowing the motor?

all i know is that with the stock cdi without the limiter i feel like i can gain a lot more rpm and speed since 6th gear was useless with the rev limiter from rm stator...

with the limiter 6th gear would limit at like half throttle...

Back