Got a clamp on UNI but....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hdale85

Reaction score
Ok I got a UNI air filter it's a clamp on model NU-2295 ST. The problem is there is no core structure or anything it's just the foam and there is a hole at the opposite end of the camp. So is this supposed to slip onto some sort of structure? Or did I get the wrong filter? Seems like having an open hole at the end would just let dirt and stuff get in? Maybe I can cut up the stock core from the stock filter and use it or something? It does say it's for a Warrior/Raptor 350.

****.. I just ordered that same one. I don't have the stock filter to use the plastic part of either. it doesn't just drop in like the stocker?

It does if you have the stock mount. I was trying to upgrade to a clamp on mount though.

Anyone that knows the right model number of the clamp on please let me know.

Alright, I'll have to measure the one I have and see what is around that size.

? No it's there but there is a small hole just like the OE filter for the end cap. There is no internal structure it's just the foam. Just gotta figure out which one will work properly for the warrior I guess.

Here's what mine looks like you can see the new white plastic and clamp it came with.

picture.php

Here is the invoice they gave me with the part number on it. And yes that was a bit to much oil but wiped it off before putting the cover back on.

recipt.jpg

Yeah that's still a slip on or drop in. Basically exactly what I got and exactly what I didn't want.

I have the same drop in Uni filter. I made a plate to hold mine in place instead of using the lid and cutting it to open it up. Works really good for me.

071511084148.jpg

Now how much would you charge to make such a plate :) lol.

Ryder, that one you have is exactly what I got and the opposite of what I want. It's still relying on a seal between the foam gasket and the case. I'm looking to mod my airbox to use a true clamp on so I don't have to worry about such a thing.

I didn't want a K&N because for dirt and stuff I don't think they really protect as well.

Now how much would you charge to make such a plate :) lol.

Ryder, that one you have is exactly what I got and the opposite of what I want. It's still relying on a seal between the foam gasket and the case. I'm looking to mod my airbox to use a true clamp on so I don't have to worry about such a thing.

I didn't want a K&N because for dirt and stuff I don't think they really protect as well.

Just cut you lid into that shape or use a piece of plexiglass and cut it to a similar shape

Back