God hates me =P

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klutchbuster350

Reaction score
We had the engine back in the Z not even a week after my third gear blew, and who'd guess a new problem would arise.
batterybox011.jpg

batterybox013.jpg

This crack is almost a complete circle around the tubing. I dont know how the hell my front end of the frame is still together.
Hopefully I'll have a neighbor spot weld it, and I'll be out on the track next weekend!

I've always heard that the frames on the z's crack pretty easy, although you are jumping the **** out of it and looks like you've bottom out the frame a couple times. (dents).
I sugest you do some research on what type of wire to use when welding that back up other wise the frame will just keep cracking again and again, plus after you heat the metal it will just hardend it and then want to crack more. . I think some frame gusets are in order as well.

I've always heard that the frames on the z's crack pretty easy, although you are jumping the **** out of it and looks like you've bottom out the frame a couple times. (dents).
I sugest you do some research on what type of wire to use when welding that back up other wise the frame will just keep cracking again and again, plus after you heat the metal it will just hardend it and then want to crack more. . I think some frame gusets are in order as well.
I have a bare gusset kit already, but I dont think anyone sells supports for the bottom tubing, but I'm sure it wont be hard to find some steel to support the tubes. Both of my suzuki's have been greta when it comes to reliability, this is the first time i've cracked my frame on it, and its been ridden like this since 05.
I'm kinda happy I dont have a skid plate, because I wouldn't have noticed the crack, but I think after I weld it back up I'm gonna slap a full skid plate on there.

I think you need to change the title to "God Loves Me". Because if that frame would of broke on one of your doubles I think the broken frame would of been the least of your worries. :)

I think you need to change the title to "God Loves Me". Because if that frame would of broke on one of your doubles I think the broken frame would of been the least of your worries. :)
True. There really is a good side to every situation.

My warrior frame was a complete break on the top rail about half way back where the frame and subframe come together..I had it mig welded by my cousin and its help up great..he is a great welder

Don't feel too bad. I stacked my warrior again last month and have to replace the frame yet again. Of course its just bad luck in your case and shitty riding (a snapped return throttle spring made its presence known at the worst possible time) on my part.
You'll be back up and running in no time.

Time for a Lonestar frame the way you ride. lol The stock frames were kind of shitty on the Z400.
Lol a $5000 titanium frame!
But yeah those stock frames are pretty crappy, mine have been real strong though, a few years of mx haven;t really been that bad on them, bu then again I've recently just started going big.

Back