Giving it gas makes it stall!?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsxguy77

Reaction score
So this weekend I went riding, and I was not doing anything crazy, just some trails and some small little puddles from the rain the night before. I hit one puddle maybe 6 inches deep pretty fast and it stalled out right afterwards. After that, It would start up fine, but once I gave it gas it would stall. I checked the little caps that catch water under the intake and it was full so i emptied it and put it back, it filled up again and I emptied it. The problem was still there but eventually went away. There was no water in the intake box but you think it was water in the system? Why would it do it after going through such a small puddle if thats the case?

Nothing but problems from this thing. I should have bought a Honda.

I just took it out again this weekend and it happened again like twice. any ideas?

tsxguy77 said:
I just took it out again this weekend and it happened again like twice. any ideas?

Did you get this fixed?
If its the same carb as mine you can drain off the bowl right from the bottom with the drain screw, put the gas in a clear coke bottle or something and see if there is water in it. water is heaveier and it will stay at the bottom of the bowl even when you put more gas in it. keep draining it till all the water is out. it should only take a min.

tsxguy77 said:

Did you get this fixed?
If its the same carb as mine you can drain off the bowl right from the bottom with the drain screw, put the gas in a clear coke bottle or something and see if there is water in it. water is heaveier and it will stay at the bottom of the bowl even when you put more gas in it. keep draining it till all the water is out. it should only take a min.

Latest posts

Back