Getting ready for easter, Carb problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iasco

Reaction score
I cleaned the carb and jets out & put new fuel in. But it wont idle unless the screw is all the way IN. But if I back it out even a little bit, it will idle for a minute, then die. HELP PLEASE :???:

Also, The idle isnt as smooth as it was before I cut the lid off and re jetted it.

This jetting thing is driving me crazy..
Damn carburetors

K&N with NO lid
FMF Power Bomb and FMF Quiet pipe 4

45 pilot

checking main

##EDIT##

145 main

It runs a bit rich, which is very confusing

If it helps, I live in Utah about 4,500 elevation

Yes, that pilot is one size larger then stock. The main is stock size. It should not be running lean at all with no lid and a complete exhaust system. You must have another problem. Double check everything that has to do with the carb/induction system. If all is good, it could be the two o-rings that go around the needle jet tube. If one, or both have failed, it will run super rich.

Soooo, here I go again. To get to these o-rings, you need to take the top of the carb off to access the the slide insert (shaped like a Y once removed). To remove it, you need to have the bowl off, slide out, float and needle out, and a tamper proof torx bit/driver. Take out the two tamper proof torx screws holding the insert in from the top (under cover you removed). Then, take carb in hand, place main jet (it's attached to needle jet tube) on a flat surface, press fermly downward & squarely, and the insert will pop out. Under no circumstances, attempt to pull the insert out from the top with pliers! It WILL break! Once out you will see two square edged o-rings around the tube. Those are them, replace one or both if needed.

Yes, that pilot is one size larger then stock. The main is stock size. It should not be running lean at all with no lid and a complete exhaust system. You must have another problem. Double check everything that has to do with the carb/induction system. If all is good, it could be the two o-rings that go around the needle jet tube. If one, or both have failed, it will run super rich.

Soooo, here I go again. To get to these o-rings, you need to take the top of the carb off to access the the slide insert (shaped like a Y once removed). To remove it, you need to have the bowl off, slide out, float and needle out, and a tamper proof torx bit/driver. Take out the two tamper proof torx screws holding the insert in from the top (under cover you removed). Then, take carb in hand, place main jet (it's attached to needle jet tube) on a flat surface, press fermly downward & squarely, and the insert will pop out. Under no circumstances, attempt to pull the insert out from the top with pliers! It WILL break! Once out you will see two square edged o-rings around the tube. Those are them, replace one or both if needed.

I think you mis read- its running a little too rich, but it wont idle unless that screw is all the way IN

OK, replaced those 2 o-rings, and replaced the spark plug. So I wont know if its running too lean or rich for a little while, BUT it will will only idle with screw ALL THE WAY IN but it sounds like the idle is too high. If i even lower it a little bit, it will eventually die

Well, when you turn the screw out to richen the mixture, it will make the engine idle down so low that it will eventually stall. You have to adjust the actual idle screw to raise the engine idle speed.

Well, when you turn the screw out to richen the mixture, it will make the engine idle down so low that it will eventually stall. You have to adjust the actual idle screw to raise the engine idle speed.

ok, so i been reading. I never really realized there was an AIR screw and the THROTTLE/IDLE screw. I havnt touched the AIR screw... that could be where all my problems lie

Ahh, well it is dark now, so I'll continue and post up in the morning.

carb

If your set screw is all the way in, you are bypassing the idle circuit and into the main. Chek float height, as your fuel level has to reach the pilot. Chek fot trash in your pilot jet. Good luck

Latest posts

Back