gearing for wheelies

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98warrior

Reaction score
right now my warrior is geared too high for the riding i do. i do a lot of wheelies and i can only pull 1st gear "power wheelies". 2nd doesnt have enough spunk. what gearing would i be able to pull 2nd gear "power wheelies" in? ty

I'm running 13-38 and have no problems. I had 12-38 but changed that out because she would just overrev all the time.

Edit: Oh yeah just thought I'd add that I'm running 20 inch rear tires

I'm running 14/38 and can pull 3rd gear power wheelies all day. Can get 4th with enuff ass behind it.
Oh yeah I'm also running 20" rears.

well since you guys are running 20s in the rear and im running 22s...about what would i need with 22's? would a 12-40 do it or maybe a 12-41? i think a 12-45 :eek:, would be a little too low lol. also about what top speed would i have with a 12-40 or 12-41? oh ya ,my mods are listed in my sig.

Oops I was screwed up. I have 14/40 with 20" tires. Anyway, with the stock 22" and stock 13/40 gearing I could pull up 3rd gear on power with everything stock. Mind you it takes a bit of effort but it comes real easy once you get used to it.

dang ^^^^^ i think i have stock gearing maybe 13-39 i'll have to look, but any ways she wont pull up in 2nd using just power not clutch with my weight behind it {130lbs}. well i think im gona get maybe a 12-40 or 12-41 and try it.

dang ^^^^^ i think i have stock gearing maybe 13-39 i'll have to look, but any ways she wont pull up in 2nd using just power not clutch with my weight behind it {130lbs}. well i think im gona get maybe a 12-40 or 12-41 and try it.
20 inch rears, completley stock otherwise and i weigh about 145 and i can get 2nd gear with just power and a tug on the bars.

i still could pull on ok wheelie with my stock 22's, but i honestly did not find that much of a difference/ problems with ground clearance when I dropped down an inch.

Back