gearing down my Wolverine

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsupers

Reaction score
I have 26" 589 on my bike and in the deep mud , and other various spots I need a lower first gear. Does anyone know anything about swapping maybe just the first and mybe second gear out of maybe a big bear into my bike to give me a lower first gear? Or better yet does anyone even know if its possible to swap only a couple gears and not all of them? I'm not even sure if the big bears transmision gearing is lower but it sure seems like it. My other option would be lower gearing in the differentials. Does the Big Bear or some other Yamaha have lower diff. gears than a Wolv'y? I like how the big bear has the electric operated 4wd option. That would be very cool if I could swap the whole diff and it would bolt right into a wolv'y and then be geared lower.

Jeff said:
I have 26" 589 on my bike and in the deep mud , and other various spots I need a lower first gear. Does anyone know anything about swapping maybe just the first and mybe second gear out of maybe a big bear into my bike to give me a lower first gear? Or better yet does anyone even know if its possible to swap only a couple gears and not all of them? I'm not even sure if the big bears transmision gearing is lower but it sure seems like it. My other option would be lower gearing in the differentials. Does the Big Bear or some other Yamaha have lower diff. gears than a Wolv'y? I like how the big bear has the electric operated 4wd option. That would be very cool if I could swap the whole diff and it would bolt right into a wolv'y and then be geared lower.

sounds like you would be better off getting a big bear ! or a newer wolverine 450

Back