Gas in oil !!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishx65

Reaction score
Pulled the left cover this morning to replace the stator on the old 87. Was expecting some oil to drain out but was surprised to see a very large quantity (over 8 quarts!!) of a very thin fuel/oil mix hit the drain pan. Was pretty much the consistency of water!!!!! What would cause this condition???? I should add that She's been a slow starter and hasn't been run much over the last year or so because of what I think is a bad stator.

Game plan now is to put her back together with the new stator and take a look at the carb. Guessing I should make a habit of turning off the fuel when not in use?

Last edited:
The carb dumped over into the motor. Rebuild the carb and always turn the gas off when you`re not using it. Check if there`s any gas in the air box too. I`d check the compression on the motor if you were running it like that at all the gas was washing the oil off the cylinder and may have caused some scoring.

OK, got her put back together with the new stator and fresh oil and she runs. Ended up being about 5 quarts of the fuel/oil mix in the engine but the air box was clean and dry. She sputters at full throttle so I'm gonna rebuild the carb and see where that gets me.

Back