Garage filler

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatfield44

Reaction score
I just recently acquired a garage, and am now in looking for something to keep in it and fool with ;D I am looking for something I can find for ~ 10-20K and has good aftermarket support & BIG power-to-weight potential. Camaros, Trans-Ams, Vettes, etc..... are a dime a dozen around here, and I am looking for something different that could be somewhat of a sleeper (I have considered a lightning or fox body stang though).

I am leaning towards a 300ZX twin turbo at the moment, but need help coming up with other options and opinions.

if you are looking for a sleeper drop a big block in a chevette!!!haha i think that would be really cool and funny!!

^a friend's dad actually had one on spray while I was growing up. It felt like it would flip backwards when he let it loose. There was a few pintos around all hopped up when I was younger as well.
I am looking for something that will handle decent (not just straight line speed), because straight smooth roads are far and few between around here.

How about one of those 454 ss's? I like the older styles of them and I think they look pretty badass

454 ss arent sleepers in any form.. you can here and see em from a 1/4 mile away... all though they are cool.... in my opinion, if you got 10-20k to burn on a project. scoop up a late 60s early 70s Mustang coupe, turn it into an autocross / street legal daily driver wit a 302. wit about 1.5 - 2k in the motor, you could have one nasty little pony of your hands. my old man has a 67 302 bone stock. shes snapped a few necks and made a few reach for anything close to hold onto and its totally stock except for header back

I LOVE a mustang, but those generations aren't quite conducive too what I have in mind. The handling I am looking for is just not there; I would go with a 150 otherwise. GOTTA have EFI too (but that could be taken care of).

My first vehicle was a regular cab 02 150 with the 4.6L, a Keene Bell twin screw, & fiberglass bed; so I know what a 302 can do. I have strongly considered putting a V8 in a focus.

454ss is a cool vehicle, but the only chevy I would ever consider owning would be a vette.
I want to go forced induction with whatever I decide on & in the end I want to be at least 500hp and fairly light weight.

99warriornj said:
80s ranger single cab with a 460.. RIDICULOUS!

That's the truth... there's a guy that has a completely nuts ranger with a lift and huge tires and a 460 that runs in the local mud bogs, I don't think his tires actually touch the mud during most of the run, it just floats across it. I've seen few vehicles that could even hold a candle to that thing, it's unreal.

sounds good but to me mustangs are way too played out. Go for something unexpected. haha, put a v8 in a vw bus.

Back