Full Rebuild

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tennyis

Reaction score
Hey guys, well I made the mistake of paying way to much money on a used quad that needs all kinds of work! It needs a top and bottom end rebuild, all new wheel bearings, new front brakes, rear caliper, starter rebuild, starter gear and one way clutch and new tires.

The quote I got for the rebuild/starter alone is $2600. Should I just cut my losses and move on? I figure I'll need to put about another 3500 into it and it would likely be worth 3500 at most after all the work is done. I paid 2k for it... so it's hard to just walk away from my stupidity/falling for the scam artist.

Ignoring the fact that I could have bought a brand new Sportsman 500, is the bike worth putting this much into it? I'll never get my 2k that I paid for it back so I am just trying to forget about that money.

With all of this work being done would it be reasonable to expect to get another 10-15 years out of the quad with regular maintenance and repairs? I still see lots of 95's going strong and this is a 2005. I've looked online and if I was to take my 3500 and buy something used I don't think I'd get anything anywhere near as good as this wolverine with all the work being done to it.

You can save a TON of money by doing your own work on the motor and everything else if your capable.. just outsource the machine work.

doing all that work myself isn't something I am comfortable with it's just to big of a job. For the labour costs I'd rather pay someone and have it done right and use my free time to ride.

p.s some of the cost is paying extra for the 366 kit, hotcams stage 1 and port and polish. I don't mind doing everything else other then the rebuild.

tried, the only that I could find the place wanted 1500 bucks.. at that price i'd rather just pay the extra and do the full rebuild. Which is what I decided to do... I gave the shop the OK to go ahead and do it. Going with the 366 kit, hotcams stage 1, port and polish, and new everything else, main bearing, rods, piston, valves, etc.

It will be worth it when I'm done (I hope) haha.

Latest posts

Back