full exhaust or slip-on?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trail dozer

Reaction score
New wolverine owner here, picked up a 00 model and im havin a blast with it so far, have not found a mud hole deep enough to get stuck in yet :D. But anyways, I plan on eventually building this thing into a trail beast and maybe try a gncc or harescramble later on. Currently this thing feels weak, but im used to riding my built 400ex. on the exhaust, I dont know if I should get just a slipon like a hmf or a full exhaust system like the DG RCM. would there be any difference or benefit of the aftermarket header pipe? cause the stock one looks pretty big anyways...

You will pick up some good mid range power with the slip on. The full pipe will probably net you a little more top end power but most likely sacrifice low end. The larger head pipe will probably reduce beackpressure a lot.

ok thanks for the reply. I didnt know if the aftermarket header pipe was really much different. More than likely im gonna go with the full system, cause eventually I plan on building the motor up pretty big. I have a 39mm FCR carb off a yfz450 that im gonna try and fit on it sometime later. I have one on my 400ex and it was a night and day difference. I know it is probably too big for a stock motor but it should feed it nicely later on when its built. im not to worried about losing bottom end really.

Latest posts

Back