Fuel filter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1statv

Reaction score
Have any of you guys added a fuel filter between the pitcock and the carb??
I just did it but I'm thinking its a bad idea because fuel is staying in the line (in fuel filter all the way to carb) which means its in the carb and I'm thinking it can damage my carb.

I run one but I shut the gas off and run the carb empty by running the motor with valve off till she dies

plus I use STABIL ethanol fuel treatment to prevent damage from the ethanol

There will always be fuel trapped in the line after you shut the petcock. If there isn't you have a problem with your floats.
If you plan on leaving it sit for awhile without running, just drain the bowl on the carb.

How can you damage the carb? I always just shut the petcock off. Never had a problem yet.

@ibjamn I've wed leaving ethanol in the carb for periods of time can damage it. @yamahaualer I will do that from now on. I always shut the valve but there is more fuel in the lines with the filter added then without due to te filter holding fuel as well

I have heard that Ethanol eats gaskets but never seen proof and I have overhauled a bazillion carbs. Just keep fresh fuel in it or add Stabil or Seafoam. Don't let the gas go bad. Another excuse to ride more. LOL

How can you damage the carb? I always just shut the petcock off. Never had a problem yet.
It won't damage anything. It'll just gum up.
Fuel breaks down over time, and the additives basically turn to wax. Then you have to tear the carb apart to clean it.

It won't damage anything. It'll just gum up.
Fuel breaks down over time, and the additives basically turn to wax. Then you have to tear the carb apart to clean it.

Read the first post. I was answering his question.

if you dont run supreme in it id run one, but running supreme just turn the gas off and your good. ethinol will eat aluminum like acid and make it oxidize and look like rust and you cant hardly kill the stuff! ive had to do a ton of carbs ethinol is the death of these carbs. but the fuel filter wont hurt anything, but its not needed

I have heard that Ethanol eats gaskets but never seen proof and I have overhauled a bazillion carbs. Just keep fresh fuel in it or add Stabil or Seafoam. Don't let the gas go bad. Another excuse to ride more. LOL

I've seen proof of it turning the bowl gasket into a hard crystaly mess until the gas started pouring out from the bowl and carb seal

i have a fuel filter the only thing i notice is that when u start it after sitting for like a day it will smoke a little just rev it to redline in neutral and it goes away

i have a fuel filter the only thing i notice is that when u start it after sitting for like a day it will smoke a little just rev it to redline in neutral and it goes away

thats NOT because of the fuel filter, and thats NOT a good idea.....

you have valve seals going out on you, and running a cold motor at 9k is probably one of the worst things possible.. let it warm up a bit first gosh..

Latest posts

Back