fuel filter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gruss

Reaction score
Is there a filter between the tank and the carb? If not, can I put one in? Any recommendations? Thanks

yes you can. and would highly recommend it. i usually go and buy those really slim inline filters for a lawnmower. there like $4-$6 a piece. and i change it @ the 3 month period.

Just make sure the filter is big enough. I have known people who have had problems with too small of a filter and it not letting enough gas threw and the motor starts cutting out

If you use an actual powersports fuel filter and not one of the little paper briggs and stratton ones, you won't have any trouble with fuel flow. The ones I used on my warrior are only $2 at the local shop and flow infinitely better than one for a lawnmower.

The fuel filters are a good idea. The stock fuel petcock does have fine mesh strainers built in so they pick out most of the stuff that would cause trouble, but my filters have caught stuff that I can't believe passed through the in-tank one, stuff that definitely could have clogged up the pilot jet.

Latest posts

Back